Dubai with a 16 month old

(12 Posts)
Mummybear1984 Sat 11-Jul-15 19:45:58

Hi, has anyone got any advice for me for travelling to Dubai in August with a 16month old?

He's not been on an aeroplane before, night flight on the way and day flight return.

I'm also going to be 20 weeks pregnant!

Thanks

NickiFury Sat 11-Jul-15 21:02:19

It's going to be unbelievably hot, even at night. You won't be able to sit outside for any length of time. Even coming out of the airport to get to the taxi or your car will make you shock. Just so you're prepared for that. Night flight he will be likely to sleep do you think? My dc never did so the first day or two was a bit rough. Who are you flying with? I've been with BA and Etihad. Both were fine.

Mummybear1984 Sat 11-Jul-15 21:30:56

We went in August a couple of years ago so I'm prepared for the heat and looking forward to the air conditioning in the hotel!

I'm hoping he will sleep over night, we've got a spare seat on the way so hoping will be able to get him comfy on that- wishful thinking I fear! We are flying with Virgin this time.

We haven't planned any activities due to not being suitable for young child or pregnancy! We have got access to water park and aquarium so that will be good each day!

NickiFury Sat 11-Jul-15 21:32:14

Are you staying at Atlantis? I've stayed there twice and it was fab

Mummybear1984 Sat 11-Jul-15 21:42:33

Yes we are. We stayed there before and I wanted to go somewhere I knew with our 16month old however when we booked it I wasn't pregnant so being 20weeks was not in the original plan!!

Did you stay there with a young child?

NickiFury Sat 11-Jul-15 21:45:41

I think dd was four or five when we stayed there the first time. She couldn't swim so had to be watched all the time obviously. There's a great kids club. I didn't use it when she was that age but did last time we went and they both loved it. They've stopped public access to the lobby and many other areas now so it's a lot quieter. My children were endlessly entertained by the aquarium. Love that hotel smile. Hoping to go back in February for my birthday.

Mummybear1984 Sat 11-Jul-15 21:51:10

I can't wait to go back although this holiday will be completely different to the one we had last time!, not going to be that relaxing with a toddler!

That's good news about the hotel lobby being closed off to public. Did you mainly eat in the buffet restaurant?

NickiFury Sat 11-Jul-15 21:53:30

Well we had club lounge access so spent quite a bit of time up there. We did have breakfast in the brasserie one morning and it was amazing. The buffets there really are outstanding though.

Mummybear1984 Sat 11-Jul-15 22:02:42

We've also gone for club access again.
Thanks for this, you've made me excited about going again!

NickiFury Sat 11-Jul-15 22:05:28

Have a great time. Come back to the thread and tell me about it, I love Dubai smile

Just off to price up Atlantis for February now!

Mummybear1984 Sun 12-Jul-15 12:56:51

Haha, I will do ��

Mummybear1984 Wed 15-Jul-15 20:04:14

I have another question,
Can I take fruit pouches like Ella's kitchens ones with me in my suitcase? And things like biscuits or crackers etc?

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now