Caribbean in November - can you recommend a hotel with a kids club for a 2 year old

(15 Posts)
PontypineNumber9 Mon 29-Jun-15 14:42:26

Any recommendations for a Caribbean hotel with a kids club for a 2 year old? We are hoping to book a ten day family holiday in November - will be me, DH and 2 DCs (they'll be 2 and 10 months).
I was just about to book up St James Club in Antigua but realised the kids club only takes children from 4 years old. Our DD will be 2 months short of her third birthday by the time we go and we'd really like to find somewhere with a kids club for her.
It doesn't have to be Antigua but direct flight from the UK is a must - I was also looking at Barbados.
Thanks!

PalmTrees Mon 29-Jun-15 16:22:43

The Beaches hotels take kids from 3 months old in their kids clubs, both Jamaica and Turks and Caicos have direct flights from the UK.

Heels99 Mon 29-Jun-15 16:29:31

HI Op, I remember this challenge from my children being that age, kids clubs generally starting at age 4, I found that for younger ones they were often called crèches rather than kids clubs. Tots too and quo vadis websites are good you can filter by hotels with a crèche. Baby bolt holes website also good.

Heels99 Mon 29-Jun-15 16:30:55

Palm trees, which airlines fly direct to tues and Caicos from UK? I thought had to go via Miami?

PalmTrees Mon 29-Jun-15 17:42:58

British Airways have a weekend flight (think it's Sunday) that flies direct, it used to be from Heathrow but I was in the airport in Turks last week and noticed a Gatwick flight leaving.

Heels99 Mon 29-Jun-15 18:20:24

Good

Heels99 Mon 29-Jun-15 18:20:47

Good to know, thanks

tinytumble Mon 29-Jun-15 18:30:34

Carlisle Bay in Antigua takes children from 6mo in their Kids Club, direct flights with BA, though you probably know that. It's not cheap, however...

PontypineNumber9 Mon 29-Jun-15 19:48:31

Aah I did know about Carlisle Bay but it's a bit Bryony our price range unfortunately. Looks lovely though.
I'll check out The Beaches and the other website suggestions. Thanks!

ipadmad Tue 30-Jun-15 07:31:01

Tamarind Barbados is fab and has a great kids club.

Heels99 Tue 30-Jun-15 08:11:46

Beaches is very expensive, I had a quote for two week holiday family of four £10k.

Heels99 Tue 30-Jun-15 08:14:33

Does the tamarind clUb

Heels99 Tue 30-Jun-15 08:15:39

Posted too soon, I think the tamarind kids club doesn't cover two year olds although the nannies may do seperate arrangement

farfallarocks Thu 16-Jul-15 07:58:23

Carlisle Bay is wonderful, they are doing some good deals at the moment as I think the rooms are a bit tired now and they are not as full as they used to be. If you go out of school holidays you may be able to swing a deal of some sort.

St Lucia - Sugar Beach is also lovely, technically the kids club is meant to be from 4 yrs but there were no kids when we went end of Jan and the kids club lady was desperate for something to do and regularly took DD (2) off for an hour or 2.

farfallarocks Thu 16-Jul-15 08:01:45

I am hankering after a week at Jumby Bay in Antigua but the prices are absurd, £25k for one week in March for 2 adults a 3 year old and an infant!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now