Hotel in New York

(15 Posts)
chocolateyay Sat 06-Jun-15 07:42:55

We will be visiting the states in august and would like to stay over in NY for a couple of nights (me, DH and DC who us 11).

Ideally something central but not too expensive.

Has anyone any recommendations?

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 06-Jun-15 08:58:36

Ideal budget per night?.

I would look at the chains like Doubletree, Sheraton, Marriott etc. They all have hotels in and around the Times Square area.

Lordofmyflies Sat 06-Jun-15 18:18:40

The Hyatt Times Square. Not too expensive but 1 min from Times Squares, newly renovated, fabulous staff and most importantly, really large rooms for NY. ( It also has a great roof bar with views of the Empire State)
We were there at Easter with 2 DC in the one room and it was perfect.

Pushka2 Tue 09-Jun-15 16:38:31

We stayed here last time we were there and it was great:

www.affinia.com/dumont

10 mins to Empire State, right next to a subway station, 10 mins to East River ferry, 20 mins to Grand Central station, small kitchenette off the room so you could have cold/hot drinks and store snacks, diner round the corner for breakfast, supermarket across the road, free wine hour in the lobby every day.

chocolateyay Tue 09-Jun-15 16:48:19

Free wine?!? I'm there....

winsomewitch Tue 09-Jun-15 16:58:05

I stayed here and loved it.

www.parkcentralny.com/gallery

Everything we wanted to see was within easy walking distance.

spiney Tue 09-Jun-15 17:03:56

Yotel. Different. fab. Kids loved. Budget friendly.

chocolateyay Tue 09-Jun-15 17:11:34

My stinky phone won't let me see! I have been freaking myself out with the bed bug registry.

LondonLancashireRose Tue 09-Jun-15 17:14:41

We stayed at the Affinia Dumont too on our honeymoon and loved it. The concierge gave us some great tips on getting of crowds at places like the Statue of Liberty. The view of the Chrysler Building from our room was fantastic! There's a great breakfast diner next door and a deli/grocery store a few doors down which were both great too.

fleecyjumper Wed 10-Jun-15 00:55:39

I also would recommend the Hyatt Times Square.

CuntWagon Sun 14-Jun-15 18:32:30

The Ameritania in midtown.

SpottyTeacakes Sun 14-Jun-15 18:33:25

We stayed at the Distrikt hotel and really liked it.

Twodogsandahooch Sun 14-Jun-15 18:37:09

I recently stayed in the Hilton Midtown which is on 53rd/6th Avenue. It was generic and functional but location wise it was pretty perfect - only a few blocks south of Central Park, walking distance to many of the sights and a block away from the blue metro line.

Jermajesty Sun 14-Jun-15 18:41:24

www.hotelchandler.com/m/?chebs=hc_gplus
We stayed here. Great location - just round the corner from the Empire State Building. It also has a fabulous deli across the road.

Jermajesty Sun 14-Jun-15 18:42:38

Should've also confirmed it was a great hotel! Fab service, lovely comfy beds etc....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now