Maldives, short break?

(10 Posts)
Buddy80 Mon 01-Jun-15 08:04:32

I am really tempted to have a short-break in the Maldives. Thinking 3-4 nights. Has anyone done this?

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 01-Jun-15 08:20:41

Have you not considered a shorter journey?.

Its a long way to go for such a short period of time; the flight duration is just over 11 hours.

Buddy80 Mon 01-Jun-15 08:34:02

The flight time does not bother us, just really want to see the Maldives but only have a short time to do so.

yearofthegoat Mon 01-Jun-15 08:36:01

Please read up on the sort of regime you would be supporting. I live in Asia but still wouldn't visit the Maldives.

AliceAnneB Mon 01-Jun-15 08:37:05

I wouldn't. You'll risk feeling awful from the jet lag and won't ever properly adjust to the time difference. I'd wait until you have more time.

PestoSwimissimos Mon 01-Jun-15 08:45:31

If you're coming from the UK, I wouldn't. The flight time combined with the time zone change makes for the most horrendous jet-lag ever.

stumblingalong Mon 01-Jun-15 09:08:08

It's a long old flight, then hanging around in Male waiting for a sea plane or boat.
Caribbean would be more doable if you choose a direct flight & stay nearish to the airport.

stopeatingbiscuits Mon 01-Jun-15 09:10:41

Also it is almost cruel to go for such a short time! Two weeks at least!

Buddy80 Mon 01-Jun-15 10:34:05

LOL - thank you for the replies it has given me food for thought

Trickydecision Thu 04-Jun-15 17:17:24

I am a big Maldives fan but would not contemplate going for such a short time. Those telling you to think about jet lag and waiting for boats or sea planes are quite right. Also remember there are very few, if any, direct flights, BA only fly Nov to March so you might have to reckon on hanging around in Dubai or Doha as well. Wait, and go for two weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now