Which destinations would you visit if money was no object?

(25 Posts)
waitingforgodot Sat 16-Aug-14 10:38:18

Indulge me! I really want to visit South America, prob Peru or Chile. Oh and the Cook Islands. Hope my lottery numbers come up tonight!

ChickenFajitaAndNachos Sat 16-Aug-14 14:12:24

Deffo Tibet for me.

waitingforgodot Sat 16-Aug-14 15:32:56

ooh Tibet sounds great!

Siennasun Sat 16-Aug-14 21:52:24

I'd go to Cartagena in Columbia, skiing in Japan combined with a stay in the Tokyo hotel from lost in translation, and Malaysia multi-centre: kuala lumpar, tioman and Borneo. Not that I've thought about this a lot or anything grin

waitingforgodot Sun 17-Aug-14 08:16:27

oh that hotel in Lost in Translation is awesome! Good answer Siennasun!

JellyMould Sun 17-Aug-14 09:33:33

The Galápagos Islands

Sienna, my friend worked for Carnival cruiselines and invited me as crew family on a cruise through the Panama Canal. The ship docked in Cartagena but nobody was allowed off due to "security reasons."

I'd go to Japan!

LizzieMint Sun 17-Aug-14 10:05:24

I've been lucky enough to visit a lot of my must-see places already. I'd love to go to the Galápagos Islands too, see the Taj Mahal, visit Borneo and Madagascar.
Frustratingly, we could actually afford to do any of those, it's not money holding us back, it's children. ;)

bakingaddict Sun 17-Aug-14 10:06:26

I have promised to take my DS to Komodo Island in Indonesia and i'd like to take him to the Galapagos as well. He is a wildlife nut but is only six so maybe he'll change over time and save me a bit of money. In the meantime he'll have to console himself with seeing crocodiles in Malaysia next year

When I retire i'm dragging DH on a round the world cruise and my must visit destination is Easter Island. Don't care where else I go as long as I get to Easter Island. Please no-one tell me they have been and it's a pile of crap

SixImpossible Sun 17-Aug-14 10:06:56

Japan
Antarctica

Always been my dreams, ever since childhood.

I've always wanted to go to see the Galapagos Islands.

Japan is fabulous!.

JoandMax Sun 17-Aug-14 10:46:12

Madagascar and Borneo are on our list for when DCs are older if we have enough cash!

Siennasun Sun 17-Aug-14 19:15:32

If money was no object I could hire a security team to follow me around Cartagena grin
I'd go to Antarctica too.

Mintyy Sun 17-Aug-14 19:18:11

Australia. One of my very best friends ever lives in Melbourne. Am desperate to go.

Happydutchmummy Sun 17-Aug-14 19:23:02

Mongolia. I once had a vivid dream I cycled through Mongolia so I have almost convinced myself that I've been there. Would be nice to go there whilst awake.

I also want to take a train through Siberia a la orient express style.

When I was little I heard the name 'Aberdeen' on the weather forecast and loved the way it sounded (say it slowly out loud to yourself, ah-burr-deeeeen), and a few years ago I booked a weekend trip there to fulfil my childhood wish. Sadly I found it to be lessbwonderful than I expected.

ChickenFajitaAndNachos Sun 17-Aug-14 19:24:33

If money really was no object I would also love to go up in Space, the moon perhaps.

foxdongle Tue 19-Aug-14 11:42:45

world cruise

msrisotto Tue 19-Aug-14 11:45:05

Bhutan and all the others people have already mentioned.

WhereHas1999DissappearedToo Tue 19-Aug-14 11:47:04

A Caribbean Island for some sun!

And I would love to go to the UK one day. (I live in NZ)

ChickenFajitaAndNachos Tue 19-Aug-14 11:48:08

Fox, ooh that is a good one.

WhereforeArtThou Tue 19-Aug-14 11:49:14

I've been to Peru and Chile and they were amazing.... It was a while ago. We spent a month or so in each country and a month in Bolivia.

I would visit the North and South Pole. Possibly not in the same holiday though.

Fcukfifa Tue 19-Aug-14 11:49:21

Desperately want to go to Bora Bora, looks like heaven on earth

foxdongle Tue 19-Aug-14 12:06:10

Chicken I'm working up to it. One day... smile

Purpleflamingos Tue 19-Aug-14 12:10:55

Galapagos, Malaysia, Perth (adore Queensland but never made it to the other side of the country), New Zealand.

These are the places I haven't yet been. I have been to and will revisit;
Greek Islands
Sicily
Dom Republic
Barbados
Sydney upwards to port Douglas.
Scotland

ruralmyth Fri 22-Aug-14 05:57:54

I've got a Pinterest board for when I win the lottery. the following feature
Necker
Nosy Be, off Madagascar
Galapagos
Solomon Islands
North Island, Seychelles
Andaman & Nicobar islands

I love an island grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now