Give me some ideas- holiday in North America, Central America?

(5 Posts)
InanimateCarbonRod Thu 05-Jun-14 15:30:17

Washington DC and Virginia Beach. DC has great stuff for the kids. The air and space museum, declaration of independence and the spy museum. We did a segway tour of all the major sites - white house, Lincoln, Washington and the whole way up to Capitol Hill. Then on to Virginia Beach for some relaxtion!

mummymeister Thu 05-Jun-14 15:27:02

Canada? Vancouver island looks fantastic then theres the city itself, the rockies, a road trip around or take the train. second Florida keys. one of only 2 places in the world I really want to go back to. loads to see off the beaten track in southern florida. Alaska? take a cruise to see the northern lights. Venezuela - bit dodgy politically but what a country! my bucket list includes belize. English is their first language they have rain forest, water activities the lot. really really want to go here one day.

WallyBantersJunkBox Tue 03-Jun-14 21:20:42

I always have a road trip on my bucket list - to hire an RV and drive through Florida exploring the Florida Keys, I don't know if that appeals?

Another plan is to rent a beach house in Cape Cod and have the Amity Island type experience (without the shark), I spent 3 weeks driving the coast around New England and loved it. Boston is only a short hop away too.

Or how about Hawaii as it may be more accessible to you than for most of us?

TheSarcasticFringehead Tue 03-Jun-14 21:17:04

Was thinking, Vermont?

TheSarcasticFringehead Tue 03-Jun-14 21:15:11

We live just outside LA, been all around California tbh- have been to NYC, Seattle, Charlestown and Seattle. Never stepped a foot in Canada, though. Or anywhere in Central America tbh. Something lovely for the DC- 6 and 8- as we won't be able to go on holiday for a good few years tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now