nice all inclusive with motorised water sports

(10 Posts)
mary21 Wed 28-May-14 08:20:54

We are looking for the/above. Could be anywhare in the world. Not looking for a Neilson type thing.
Two teenagers. One up for any water sports. Other more into pool but would like water skiing or bannanna boats. We don't want to have to queue for ages for small plastic cups of drinks.
Smugglers cove in St Lucia and some Mauritius all inclusive seem to fit the bill but does anyone have any good ideas. I have spent hours trawling though all Inc's trying to work out what's included

mummymeister Wed 28-May-14 15:59:29

IME the kind of things you are looking for with the watersports etc are generally offered at most beach type places abroad anyway. I think you might be better off picking a country/resort that you want to stay in and then going on to tripadvisor and seeing what activities there are in the local area. often going separately makes it cheaper as well. we took our teens to florida keys. we hired canoes, did snorkelling, sailing, guided trips, sups etc which we booked separately from the villa we were staying in. it let us mix and match and do what we wanted when we wanted to. hope this advice helps.

mary21 Wed 28-May-14 17:05:20

Thanks, thanks the kind of thing we are interested in doing

specialsubject Wed 28-May-14 18:04:41

just to make sure you know - jetskis and powerboats are extremely dangerous in the wrong hands. Neither are difficult to handle but NEVER rent anything without a working killcord, and test it.

also if the ski boat doesn't have a spotter as well as the driver, don't ski.

ChickenFajitasAndNachos Thu 29-May-14 13:08:39

I went to Smugglers Cove a few years ago and they did offer the water sports but it was quite 'caribbean style', open sometimes, shut at other times. I didn't do the waterskiing there as it didn't seem as organised as it did when I did it previously on Mark Warner holidays. The canoes and pedal boats were good and I enjoyed the hotel.

mary21 Thu 29-May-14 13:23:03

Thanks, its useful to get a view on smugglers cove. The views on trip advisor are very varied

ChickenFajitasAndNachos Thu 29-May-14 13:32:20

Have you checked out the Coconut resort in the South of the island? I haven't been but thought it looks good for teens.

winklewoman Sat 31-May-14 11:34:58

Got home last night from the Maritim, Balaclava, Mauritius. Free waterskiing, snorkelling trips, not sure about Scuba. Also horse riding, which you pay for. Fabulous hotel, wonderful food worth a look. Otherwise what about one of the Beaches hotels? Expensive but everything is included and said to be excellent for teenagers, no personal experience though.

mary21 Sun 01-Jun-14 11:49:59

Thanks. That is exactly the kind of thing. Will look it up. Unfortunately beaches too expensive

rhubarbcrumbleplease Mon 02-Jun-14 13:06:38

We've taken our teens to Mauritius several times. Both spent hours waterskiing every day. Scuba was not included and expensive, we saw more snorkelling.
I can't recommend it enough & it was a similar price to Neilsons in the Med.
PM me for more details.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now