Easter 2015, £2500 budget (plus £1000 spending money), where to go?

(6 Posts)
newfavouritething Mon 19-May-14 21:50:08

Basically that. We went to Florida this year and it was fab - really want to go somewhere warm enough for the kids to play in outdoor pools or the beach or whatever. Probably self-catering with a hire car, as we're more of a 'go and do things' type, than a hotel pool type I think. So, where have you been? Where would you recommend?

GermanGirlinLondon Mon 19-May-14 22:10:30

How about Morocco?

newfavouritething Wed 21-May-14 10:21:42

Thanks for the suggestion - I ended up going into a travel agents for a better look, but they were awful - told me if I went there that I would stay in the hotel complex and pay to go on their excursions, and it wasn't a place to visit on your own (Marrakesh). Are they always so unhelpful? Have never really done a package type holiday, and they just put me right off! Have been paying more attention to Florida prices as it's so (relatively) cheap and easy.

ShanghaiDiva Wed 21-May-14 10:38:38

Don't see why you have to go on a package there. Take a look at self catering accommodation on flipkey (part of the trip advisor website) as an alternative to staying in a hotel complex.
Have never been to Morocco, but have travelled a lot and book everything myself. Lonely Planet is a great resource.

ShanghaiDiva Wed 21-May-14 10:44:54

Some other ideas:
Phuket
Dubai - March is good temperature wise
Cambodia - beach resorts are not that developed yet and it will be hot, but a fascinating destination.
Turkey

SoGladToHaveFoundThis Wed 21-May-14 11:14:18

new
Sounds like they we not particularly helpful. Marrakech is lovely but i was actually thinking more about Tangier or Agadir.

I book the majority of my holidays on Trailfinders, they are great and can't recommend it enough.

Otherwise if you like Thailand I can recommend Koh Samui.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now