Small wedding abroad. Just us and the kids.

(3 Posts)
BatCrapCrazy Mon 19-May-14 14:14:31

DP and I have decided to go abroad and get married. Ideally next summer. DCs will be 4 and 5 then. We haven't had a holiday since before DCs were born and aren't fussed on a big wedding so thought, two birds - one stone and all that.

We need somewhere family friendly that the kids will love and obviously where we can get married in the hotel. Ideally we would like to go all inclusive as it saves a lot of faff.

We don't want to spend an arm and a leg. Ideally no more than £3 grand for the 4 of us.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as we have no idea where to start.

mumtoothree Thu 22-May-14 21:51:15

Cyprus? Saw a few weddings when we went on hols. I would avoid spain as THINK its much harder to get marriage licence from memory.

maggiethemagpie Tue 08-Jul-14 15:48:10

I am thinking of doing this, we are thinking America though which may be out of your budget. But with kids - what about florida. May take you slightly out of budget but would be a good location with kids for family holiday. Easy enough to get married there too, I think you can just rock up to the county registry office or whatever it is and get a licence.

Spain I think you need to either live there or be catholic to get married.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now