Twin centre holiday - east and west coast USA

(3 Posts)
Tinkerball Sun 18-May-14 21:13:49

Friends are planning a Florida holiday in April 2016 and have asked us to go, plan is to stay in separate villas. We don't want to go Disney but fancy seeing Kennedy Space centre plus Universal, and relax the rest of the week. We were going to go a road trip around for the second week but are being drawn back to California, as we had such a fab holiday there last year, so much other stuff we want to do there.

Friends are flying Virgin, so need some flight advice. I'm guessing doing the west coast first is best to cut down on jet lag. We haven't flown Virgin as we flew United from Glasgow. United have free stop overs as well. So what do you think best flight paths would be, we won't be able to pay for flights upfront so will have to be booked as a package. Also don't mind travelling to Manchester. Probably it would be LAX to.

I would indeed visit the West Coast first (and fly direct if at all possible rather than indirect because that process can add hours to an already long day. Also you would have to clear US immigration at the first point of entry and then you would have to make your way to some departure gate some distance away for your next flight. It can be a stressful experience).

Its also possible I would think to get a direct flight to Orlando from various cities on the West Coast. Internal flights within the US are not as cheap as they once were and many carriers do charge luggage fees which also increases the cost.

Tinkerball Mon 19-May-14 21:07:04

Thanks Attila, will need to start investigating but price it up for next year I suppose to get a rough idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now