Cheap flights from UK to Toronto - book in advance or last min?

(7 Posts)
ThePartyArtist Fri 28-Mar-14 15:06:49

Hoping to go to Toronto in Sept 2014. Currently looking at £500p.p. return flights with Aer Lingus or Norwegian. Personal circumstances MAY mean I need to change the booking and go at a later date (if I'm in a new job which won't honour the holiday). Airlines allow this for £85 per person per flight, plus the difference in cost between the original and replacement flight - my question therefore is; if I had to rearrange the date after booking, would I have any chance of getting £500 return flights at (for example) 2 months notice? I don't know if planes are like trains in that the earlier you book the cheaper. Anyone know of any good sales coming up?

On long haul flights it is usually more expensive the closer you get to departure date.

You could purchase a fully flexible economy class ticket which would enable you to make the possible changes that you describe but that would cost far more. However, if you were to start a new job the employer should honour your holiday dates anyway.

I would also look at either BA or Air Canada as their fares also tend to be reasonable. Also looking at skyscanner would be a good bet.
(BTW avoid Norwegian).

ThePartyArtist Mon 31-Mar-14 10:51:58

thanks for the tip, why do you say avoid Norwegian airlines? They are one I have been looking at.

ThePartyArtist Mon 31-Mar-14 10:52:03

thanks for the tip, why do you say avoid Norwegian airlines? They are one I have been looking at.

PassAFist Mon 31-Mar-14 10:57:31

I would avoid Air Canada. Worst flight I have ever taken.

Have you tried Air Transat, that's who I usually fly with from Toronto.

MozzchopsThirty Mon 31-Mar-14 11:44:00

Always book as early as poss

Their customer service can be poor if things go wrong.

Do they still actually fly to Toronto?. I ask as I could not see it listed on any service from Gatwick

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now