Can you help me with Mexico?

(9 Posts)
truelymadlysleepy Wed 26-Mar-14 17:11:36

We're thinking of taking our teens here this summer. The essentials are; great beach, SCUBA, tennis & stuff for the teens to do.
I'm not averse to AI but the hotels seem huge, some have 2000+ rooms.

The big companies offer Riviera Maya, Cancun, Tulum, Playacar & Playa del Carmen.It's hard to find out about each resort. We certainly don't want a big high rise resort.

Have you been to any of these and would you recommend?

BellaVita Wed 26-Mar-14 17:56:25

we have stayed here twice, last year and the year before.

We love it.

Our DS's are teens (17 and 14).

DH took DS2 deep sea fishing the first year. We also went to Chichen Itza. The concierge desk booked them for us.

It is not AI, but they do have restaurants. But there are also some lovely restaurants not far from The Westin. The buses are also frequent just outside of the hotel. Actually, I say hotel, the rooms are apartments with one or two bedrooms, kitchen and dining area.

The staff are lovely and the entertainment people during the day are fab.

truelymadlysleepy Wed 26-Mar-14 18:49:34

Thanks. If you're going again it was obviously a hit.

bonvivant Wed 26-Mar-14 20:36:36

I'd say Playacar or Akumal is the way to go.

FlossieTreadlight Wed 26-Mar-14 20:42:14

Tulum was lovely when I went 4 years ago. Also stayed in P Del Carmen - touristy but nice. Enjoy.

truelymadlysleepy Wed 26-Mar-14 21:16:37

Great thanks.

winklewoman Thu 27-Mar-14 07:20:57

We are taking DS and two DGCs to Tulum in August. It will be our first trip to Mexico, but Tulum is part of the Bahia Principe chain with whom we have stayed several times. They are very well organised, lovely rooms and good food, so we are hoping for the best.

truelymadlysleepy Sat 29-Mar-14 17:33:33

Tulum looks lovely; great beach and very laid back. There are some great cabanas on the beach.
Thanks

Tranquilitybaby Sat 05-Apr-14 08:21:02

We've been twice, stayed in Cancun & Tulum. Both resorts were beautiful but Tulum took much longer to get to from the airport if that's a consideration. Highly recommend the Moon Palace.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now