Toronto in April

(3 Posts)

We're flying to Toronto for 9 days over the Easter holidays. Does anybody have any recommendations for activities. We have a 9 year old and a soon to be 13 year old. Also, unsure what to pack. I think it will be chilly but how chilly? Any tips?

Thanks.

sinclair Wed 26-Mar-14 15:45:38

Family in TO so have done a lot of holidays there.

The CN Tower is a touristy thing but a must - if you eat in the (revolving) restaurant then you don't pay to go up the tower. Food is good and they do half portions of anything at half price for kids - tho yours may be a little old for that deal now.

We like Toronto Island - you get a little boat over there, can hire a giant family bike and cycle around. You can swim in the lake but it won't be warm enough in April.

I usually try and get a visit to the Royal Ontario Museum or the Art Gallery (AGO) in, but they aren't free as would be here so you have to commit to the half day.

I like to walk in the ravines - there are lots of footpaths down there and some of them are almost downtown - kind of unusual in a big city.

Finally, the individual areas have quite a lot of character - Queen St East (everything is E or W of Yonge St) is good for quirky shopping, the area known as The Beaches west of the centre has a very alternative vibe. We like to shop and my favourite mall is Yorkdale - on the subway. Prices aren't currently that 'attractive' to us tho...

Not sure about weather - it is continental climate so can go either way at Easter. we were there a couple of years ago in May half term and it was sweltering - so you could be lucky. Good luck you will have a great time!

Thanks so much. That's all really useful and sounds like stuff we'd enjoy. I guess I'll just pack for the current weather and if we need more layers then we can buy stuff while we're out there. Looking forward to it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now