Krabi, Thailand

(6 Posts)
joggingonwardandupwards Wed 19-Mar-14 11:08:24

Can anyone recommend things to do in Krabi, Thailand in August? just for two adults?

Also, is it safe for me to go off jogging on my own early in a morning? We're staying in Aonang.

specialsubject Wed 19-Mar-14 17:58:48

nowhere is totally safe, but Ao Nang is very touristy so you should be fine with usual common sense. Courteous dress in Thailand includes a bra and covered shoulders.

you are in the province of Krabi BTW - the town of the same name is a pleasant riverside spot. The must-do from Ao Nang is the tour of Phang-Nga bay, including James Bond island. Also take the boat trip to Railay if the weather allows.

August is dampish season, you should be fine but 24/7 DEET please, and of course loads of suncream.

borrow a Rough Guide from the library for further ideas.

whitecat Wed 02-Apr-14 16:36:18

I've just started researching Thailand for August next year, so really happy to have found this post.

Runoutofideas Sat 05-Apr-14 12:09:54

I'm going tomorrow and am just a bit excited! We are going to Koh Lanta and Ao Nang. We have been to Ao Nang 3 times previously but it is our first time in Lanta. By Tuesday we will be here......

Runoutofideas Sat 05-Apr-14 12:36:55

Sorry in answer to your original question - island hopping (although sea may be too rough in August) hot springs trip, elephant trekking. We spend a lot of time in the "last café" beachfront bar. Follow the road down to the sea, turn left along the path at the end by where you book the longtail boats, keep going to the end. Lovely bar/café on the sand where you can watch the monkeys play on the sand. Don't feed them though - they are evil little b***ers really!

specialsubject Sat 05-Apr-14 20:15:20

definitely don't feed the monkeys. A trip to the rabies clinic for an emergency jab will rather spoil your day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now