Luxury holiday with 10 mo

(13 Posts)
drawohamme Tue 18-Mar-14 08:36:57

We have been lucky enough to come in to a bit of money and we want to spend it in a luxury holiday with our son. We want some where we can go diving, not too far from the resort as I don't want to be too far from DS. Does anyone have any suggestions or can anyone point me in the direction of a good travel agent?

Budget is approx 6k for me DH and DS.

Thank you grin

householdchorewhore Tue 18-Mar-14 08:49:30

You will get better value in the Caribbean than anyone else (Maldives, Seychelles etc) unfortunately even £6k won't get you much there. You'll have a far better standard of accommodation in Mexico, or Jamaica etc

Don't whatever you do go anywhere near rainy season!

Have a look at Virgin Holidays.

TakingTheStairs Tue 18-Mar-14 08:52:00

Is suggest having a look at the Kuoni website. You can enter your budget and dates and requirements and they come up with suggestions. We were very happy with our holiday with them.
disclaimer- I don't work for them!

TakingTheStairs Tue 18-Mar-14 08:52:12

Oh ... And have a lovely time!

Or, you could have a look at Forte Village in Sardinia.

drawohamme Tue 18-Mar-14 09:33:01

Blimey HHCW, I thought 6k for flights and B&B was good, welcome to the land of family holidays I guess shock

I've tried kuoni but I didn't mention the Caribbean, will have another go.

householdchorewhore Tue 18-Mar-14 10:35:23

It is a tonne of money OP! smile If you go to some of the big resorts you may be better going all inclusive as they are set away from towns etc and it might be harder to get out and about for meals. It's not all buffet every night though - many resorts have up to a dozen a la carte restaurants with really good quality food. And lots of lovely cocktails of course!

I lived in Barbados when i was younger and it is wonderful. I've recently been back with 3yo and it was fab - we did hotel and flights for 1800 (january sale, 10 nights) although our hotel was a base rather than a resort, still lovely. There is lots to do on the island including diving, and everyone is very friendly. I would reccommend west coast, lots of lovely hotels.

You will definately get a very nice holiday there for 6 k, I'm assuming your little one will be free to stay in the hotel.

drawohamme Tue 18-Mar-14 11:52:30

Maybe hotel / flight would be better than a resort. We used to be flash packers (for want of a better term) and we wouldn't have set foot in a resort previously, but now we've got babysitters and all DS entails to think about they seem more attractive.

givemeaclue Wed 19-Mar-14 08:26:55

Op if you and dh want to go diving together, make sure hotel has a crèche, not all do. Otherwise you'll be diving separately whilst the other babysits. Baby bolt holes, quo vadis, tots too are good websites for finding out where has a crèche. Can also filter on virgin for crèche or if you call them they will tell you which hotels have childcare for that age group. Make sure the crèche caters for the age of your child, you don't want to get there and find childcare starts age 2 etc.

Do let us know where you choose

sergeantmajor Wed 19-Mar-14 14:36:00

You could try Cotton Baby Village in St Lucia <link here> which is well kitted out for babies and toddlers, with a creche.

bonvivant Sat 22-Mar-14 21:13:50

If what you are looking for is fantastic diving, suggest you make that the centre of your search. Places that come to mind are Maldives, Egypt, Bonaire, Belize, Australia ... though I think you will struggle with Maldives on your budget tbh.

SoftSheen Sat 22-Mar-14 21:21:13

Would definitely recommend Maldives if you want good diving. A £6K budget should be more than enough for a week, though probably not enough for 2 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now