Tourist visa to China - anyone put my mind to rest?

(5 Posts)
OverAndAbove Thu 13-Mar-14 21:41:57

We are travelling to China in 18 days. For various reasons - well mainly because we needed our passports for other travel - we've only now been able to turn them in to get visas. We have an appointment at the visa centre tomorrow; they say four working days turnaround but all the Internet reviews say allow two weeks (it's not covered by emergency measures either, they are very strictly applied)

Does anyone have a good news story for me please? I am not normally a worrier but I'm worried now! Thanks

AndHarry Fri 14-Mar-14 16:15:38

Eek, me too! Mine's going in next week for the beginning of April.

ummingandahhing Fri 14-Mar-14 16:19:22

Yes, I do this a lot for work and have never had a problem but you do have to make sure that your forms have been completed absolutely perfectly as that's usually what holds things up.

OverAndAbove Fri 02-May-14 21:52:18

Thought I would update on this while I remember.

We went to the visa centre in Manchester and they were really helpful - one application turned down on a technicality, but we were able to send in the relevant paper the next day and they acknowledged receipt and gave us a four working day turn-around. The London centre had a much longer wait for appointments but Manchester was very flexible - 48 hour wait only. Hope this might help someone!

afclll Tue 27-May-14 22:20:58

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now