Is it generally hot or cold on BA flights?

(13 Posts)
incognitoforonenight Mon 10-Mar-14 07:47:45

Am travelling to NY in couple of weeks and always feel the cold. Will the flight be very warm or will it be very cold on the plane? Strange question I know but want to be prepared for the long flight! smile

I always find it cold

NormHonal Mon 10-Mar-14 07:52:10

I think it depends on the preferences of the flight crew! I don't think there's an answer other than "it depends".

Although I do suspect they turn the heat up when they want people to go to sleep...

I used to fly a lot and the key was layers. Usually a hoodie or cashmere jumper in there somewhere. Then you can strip off or add layers as needed, and as I always seemed to spill food on me, useful for that too.

foxinsocks Mon 10-Mar-14 07:56:42

I always take a scarf. There is something quite awful about a chill on your neck on a flight if you don't have a scarf!

I find planes cold too. V rarely are they warm though you do find if you are going to a hot country and they sit on the tarmac for a few hours before they turn around, they are boiling. But once the engines start and they turn the aircon on, they go cold pretty quickly again.

Bunbaker Mon 10-Mar-14 08:03:47

I always find planes too cold and always wear layers. I hate feeling cold.

stargirl1701 Mon 10-Mar-14 08:08:09

I always find planes cold.

GertBySea Mon 10-Mar-14 08:13:35

Effing freezing until they turn the lights down. Then roasting.

GertBySea Mon 10-Mar-14 08:14:07

I always find BA coldest around my feet. Take socks.

It can feel a bit cold on there sometimes. I would wear layers and a thick pair of socks.

If you happen to always feel cold it would be worth seeking medical advice as this can be due to problems with the thyroid gland.

specialsubject Mon 10-Mar-14 13:20:56

it will vary depending on how much fuel they are using and whether they want you to go to sleep.

dress in layers, take socks and ask for a blanket if you need one.

incognitoforonenight Mon 10-Mar-14 13:50:50

Ooh thank you ladies, will dress in lots of layers smile

ConfusedDotty Mon 10-Mar-14 13:55:03

BA flights are always cold, and a word of warning, the food is even worse. I always buy something to eat in duty free and always turn their meals down. I do partake in the free wine though. Safe flight.

Creamycoolerwithcream Mon 10-Mar-14 14:52:36

I just got flew back from Dubai with BA and found it quite cold. I dressed in layers and put my fave fluffy socks on as soon as we took of.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now