2015 Celebratory Family Holiday

(27 Posts)
Waswondering Sat 01-Mar-14 18:31:47

Ok. Please can MN inspire me.

In 2015, dh and I both turn 40. We have 2 dc, who will, in summer 2015 be 11 and 9.

We would like to think about a holiday that is a One Off. Budget .... Well, we are public sector workers, so plan to start saving up. So nothing outlandish in the budget, but bear in mind we are starting to plan now.

Wondered about Disney Florida. What is a realistic 2 week budget. Or AI somewhere?

Where would you go? Inspire us!

Nb we are Eurocamping this year so want to consider wider options ....

bonvivant Mon 03-Mar-14 22:18:45

Mexico is a good option if you want to keep an eye on costs, especially if you can go early July. We did and the weather was very good, occasional shower but freshens the air. Lots of AI hotels, great beaches and sight seeing options.

Florida is great but you will need to budget £5-£6k for 4 I think. Park ticket prices are high too. July is not the best time to visit the parks really. It is hot and when you do get the occasional downpour, the water parks will often close. But if you plan to spend time at the beach, there are beaches that have turtles nesting that time of year which is pretty special (obviously way out of Orlando though).

Waswondering Tue 04-Mar-14 07:49:37

Electry, we are driving to France from Scotland this year too! grin

Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now