Round world tickets

(11 Posts)
Frozenatchristmas Mon 20-Jan-14 19:14:19

I honestly would only do Dubai on the way home for 2-3 nights for a bit of a rest. It's just a concrete jungle. Good if you get a chance to see it but not all that - in my opinion.

Do you want to do any of Oz/Nz or counting both out?

If me I would do London, San Fran OR may be Toronto if I had done SFO, Hawaii, New Zealand and Australia cities that I hadn't done previously OR French Polynesia, Tokyo, Singapore of Hong Kong, Dubai, London.

monopoly123 Mon 20-Jan-14 17:24:26

Round the world experts have itinaries for round the world from £879 - London, NYC (make your own way to) LA, Fiji, Brisbane (make your own way), Sydney, Hong Kong to London.

GirlWithTheDirtyShirt Mon 20-Jan-14 15:49:14

We paid about that five years ago for a very bog standard round the world ticket, stopping only in four bog standard places. I'd be surprised if you could do a more interesting itinerary for that price now.

Try Trailfinders though, if it can be done they'll do it.

Can it really be done for that sort of price? I wouldnt have any clue how to start but its something I'd love to do. Going to start saving up I think for after dds gcses.

homework Sun 19-Jan-14 18:50:26

Would like costa rico , if that could fit in , not usual bog standard trip as done a lot of those places . Might be my last trip with my son so want to make it count.
He's a very well travel child , compared to when I was his age the furthest I had ever gone was Blackpool.

homework Sun 19-Jan-14 18:41:44

Sorry badbadkitten , taken my fifteen year old son . Been looking at these but everyone keeps saying you must have ideas where you want to go ?
I do but need to keep ticket price to roughly two thousand five hundred pounds for two . With my ideas it's always over this .
As trying to fit in places we not been before . So need another two maybe three places max , ideally would like couple places that aren't there wet season .

If you take me with you I'll do all the research grin

GirlWithTheDirtyShirt Sun 19-Jan-14 18:10:21

Definitely recommend Trailfinders. I've had round the world fares with them twice and they've been the most competitive both times.

bluesky Sun 19-Jan-14 18:07:42

Have a look at Trailfinders and Travelbag, they usually have good ideas for itineraries.

monopoly123 Sun 19-Jan-14 18:07:04

Round the world experts have some good flight itinaries - what about Japan, Hawaii, Costa Rica/south America?

homework Sun 19-Jan-14 16:27:40

Looking for little help ,
Have five weeks booked of during this years summer holidays . Would like to book an around the world ticket .
Would like to include both Dubai and Kathmandu as never been to either of there places before .
Looking for some suggest for where else to included that not going to make ticket massively expensive , nor the whole trip . Been to both Australia and New Zealand before .
So little bit of ideas would be helpful , thank you .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now