Round world tickets

(11 Posts)
homework Sun 19-Jan-14 16:27:40

Looking for little help ,
Have five weeks booked of during this years summer holidays . Would like to book an around the world ticket .
Would like to include both Dubai and Kathmandu as never been to either of there places before .
Looking for some suggest for where else to included that not going to make ticket massively expensive , nor the whole trip . Been to both Australia and New Zealand before .
So little bit of ideas would be helpful , thank you .

monopoly123 Sun 19-Jan-14 18:07:04

Round the world experts have some good flight itinaries - what about Japan, Hawaii, Costa Rica/south America?

bluesky Sun 19-Jan-14 18:07:42

Have a look at Trailfinders and Travelbag, they usually have good ideas for itineraries.

GirlWithTheDirtyShirt Sun 19-Jan-14 18:10:21

Definitely recommend Trailfinders. I've had round the world fares with them twice and they've been the most competitive both times.

If you take me with you I'll do all the research grin

homework Sun 19-Jan-14 18:41:44

Sorry badbadkitten , taken my fifteen year old son . Been looking at these but everyone keeps saying you must have ideas where you want to go ?
I do but need to keep ticket price to roughly two thousand five hundred pounds for two . With my ideas it's always over this .
As trying to fit in places we not been before . So need another two maybe three places max , ideally would like couple places that aren't there wet season .

homework Sun 19-Jan-14 18:50:26

Would like costa rico , if that could fit in , not usual bog standard trip as done a lot of those places . Might be my last trip with my son so want to make it count.
He's a very well travel child , compared to when I was his age the furthest I had ever gone was Blackpool.

Can it really be done for that sort of price? I wouldnt have any clue how to start but its something I'd love to do. Going to start saving up I think for after dds gcses.

GirlWithTheDirtyShirt Mon 20-Jan-14 15:49:14

We paid about that five years ago for a very bog standard round the world ticket, stopping only in four bog standard places. I'd be surprised if you could do a more interesting itinerary for that price now.

Try Trailfinders though, if it can be done they'll do it.

monopoly123 Mon 20-Jan-14 17:24:26

Round the world experts have itinaries for round the world from £879 - London, NYC (make your own way to) LA, Fiji, Brisbane (make your own way), Sydney, Hong Kong to London.

Frozenatchristmas Mon 20-Jan-14 19:14:19

I honestly would only do Dubai on the way home for 2-3 nights for a bit of a rest. It's just a concrete jungle. Good if you get a chance to see it but not all that - in my opinion.

Do you want to do any of Oz/Nz or counting both out?

If me I would do London, San Fran OR may be Toronto if I had done SFO, Hawaii, New Zealand and Australia cities that I hadn't done previously OR French Polynesia, Tokyo, Singapore of Hong Kong, Dubai, London.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now