Can anyone help? All ready with plug-in mozzie anhilators but I can't find an adapter for them.

(6 Posts)
2sugarsandadog Sun 08-Dec-13 08:57:31

They're Jungle Formula, with a European plug. I can find Europe to UK adapters, in fact almost every other kind of adapter but not Europe to Thailand/Malaysia. Anyone else had this problem and found a solution? Thanks in advance.

specialsubject Sun 08-Dec-13 11:19:26

Malaysia (ex-British colony) uses UK-style plugs so you need the Europe to UK adapter.

Thailand (never colonised) uses the European type.

slap on the DEET as well.

2sugarsandadog Sun 08-Dec-13 14:13:57

Special, I though Thailand uses flat-pin instead of round pin? That's what I've been looking for - something to convert European round pin to Thai flat pin. Is that why I can't find it, do you think ....... ?hmm

specialsubject Sun 08-Dec-13 15:30:13

I think (and some googling seems to confirm) that most Thai sockets accept both round and flat pins. You could always buy an adapter there but I think you'll be fine.

specialsubject Sun 08-Dec-13 15:32:15

ps I have been there but it's been a while - but everywhere I've been I had a mossie plug-in with a European plug, and two adapters, both changing UK items to 'europe' or 'worldwide'. As I recall this combination always worked, which implies that the European plug will fit Thai sockets.

the fact you can't get the adapter you want seems to bear this out!

2sugarsandadog Sun 08-Dec-13 20:59:53

Okay, thank you so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now