Can anyone recommend restaurant with a great view in Sydney?

(21 Posts)
Zigby Wed 04-Dec-13 18:07:47

Title says is all really.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Thanks!

AngryFeet Wed 04-Dec-13 18:10:54

Something down by The Rocks should have a good view. Can't recommend anything I was there as a traveller so couldn't afford anything decent!

AngryFeet Wed 04-Dec-13 18:13:00

I did like Crinitis on Darling Harbour. View nice but nit magnificent in the way the main harbour is though. The roof terrace at the intercontinental has amazing views but you just get drinks and snacks there.

MsTimTam Wed 04-Dec-13 18:23:48

The Shangri-La hotel has AMAZING views from its bar, not sure if there is a restaurant as well.

Level 41 in Chifley Tower also has great views.

If you fancy something a bit out of the city, catch the ferry along to Watson's Bay and you get a great view along the harbour back into the city. Great pub food and seafood at Watson's Bay Hotel.

fanjolina Wed 04-Dec-13 23:58:05

Cafe Sydney or Altitude (this is the Shangri La restaurant)

TreaterAnita Thu 05-Dec-13 00:22:13

We went to a 'spinning restaurant' in Sydney which I'm pretty sure was this place: www.trippaswhitegroup.com.au/our-venues/360-Bar-and-Dining/1

Views were brilliant, food was alright and service was fine. We went on a Friday night and were sat next to a table of noisy work colleagues, which took the edge off the experience a bit.

whereisshe Thu 05-Dec-13 00:25:37

Jonah's at Whale Beach

MrsFlorrick Thu 05-Dec-13 00:43:20

Iceberg onBondi.

IamtheZombie Thu 05-Dec-13 00:46:04

Doyles at Watson Bay.

everythinghippie29 Thu 05-Dec-13 05:52:23

Aria, on the circular quay. Looks out over the opera house. Beautiful views of an evening and really tasty (if not a little pretentiousblush food!)

They do speciality tasting menus, set meals or a la carte. I had two meals here, one of the lunch menu and one evening meal, when I was travelling in Oz and both were lovely.

suprisepitstop Thu 05-Dec-13 05:54:08

Catalina at Rose bay

HalfSpamHalfBrisket Thu 05-Dec-13 06:08:06

Another vote for Aria, we had a fab table overlooking both the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House as the sun set.
Pricy but worth it. We ate from the early evening/per theatre menu to try to keep the cost reasonable.

Shnickyshnackers Thu 05-Dec-13 06:13:19

Hugo's Manly. Catch the ferry to Manly smile

saffronwblue Thu 05-Dec-13 06:22:31

Here's a good list.travel.cnn.com/sydney/eat/best-views-674895

Do you want a Harbour Bridge/Opera House view or any water view?

Would second Doyles or Icebergs.

bunnymother Thu 05-Dec-13 06:42:50

Aria, Quay or Cafe Sydney.

Zigby Thu 05-Dec-13 11:07:45

Thanks for all the replies. I wasn't expecting so many! I am looking at the menus now and will pick one.

saffronwblue Thu 05-Dec-13 22:09:20

My generalised experience when I lived in Sydney was that the restaurants with the fab views often paid less attention to the food and service. Icebergs was an honourable exception to this.

whereisshe Thu 05-Dec-13 23:11:01

Second what surprise said - the food at Catalina is AMAZING.

For something completely different, what about getting a sea plane up to the Cottage Point Inn?

miked99 Fri 06-Dec-13 11:55:56

In addition to the above
Pilu
Ormeggio
Berowra Waters Inn
Any of the Ripples restaurants

Honestly there are loads of restaurants with great views in Sydney - have a look at the websites , they all show off their views and choose one that's in a good location for you.
There are plenty of review sites you can look up to see how people rate them

Ninehoursahead Fri 06-Dec-13 11:58:23

The Opera Bar (by the Opera Bar) is a good place to start for drinks and get the "champagne by the bridge" shots

Frozenatchristmas Mon 23-Dec-13 19:12:40

I highly recommend the shangri-la. Brilliant food and great views.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now