Which hotel, Walt Disney World Florida?

(11 Posts)
Euphemia Sat 26-Oct-13 20:11:04

Any recommendations? We'd like to be handy for Epcot and/or Magic Kingdom.

Good fun pool area essential for DD (12). It'll just be her and me, October next year for a week.

Good access to transportation essential as no car.

sidneypie Sat 26-Oct-13 20:30:48

Port Orleans French quarter. Lovely pool and slide, reasonable restaurant for breakfast (DD loved the pancakes with fresh strawberries).Regular buses to the Disney parks. Wonderful customer service, I managed to break my foot on our third day there and they couldn't have been more helpful, even loaned me a wheelchair free of charge. Very reasonably priced too!

CockBollocks Sat 26-Oct-13 20:32:00

Animal Kingdom Lodge - been twice and love it.

Olivermoliver Sat 26-Oct-13 21:22:17

Swan and Dolphin, not a Disney property but on Disney land. You can walk or get a boat to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios, shuttle buses to everywhere else. About 5 pools, we had a fab time and would stay thee again.

Floralnomad Sat 26-Oct-13 21:24:11

Port Orleans is lovely and you can get the boat from there to downtown Disney .

cloudskitchen Sun 27-Oct-13 00:45:24

We stayed at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek. Free shuttle buses to all disney parks. Great service. A couple of pools and a lazy river. Most importantly decent red wine wink has good reviews on trip advisor to grin

deepfriedsage Sun 27-Oct-13 00:47:13

Port Orleans.

Annebronte Mon 28-Oct-13 17:29:45

Yacht or Beach Club. Best pool on Disney property. 5 minute walk to Epcot and 15 minute walk to Hollywood Studios. Lovely setting on a lake opposite the Boardwalk, which has shops, restaurants, entertainers. Bike and boat hire. It's really fab - you could have a great holiday there even without the parks, the pool is so wonderful. It's got a great slide, lazy river, hot tubs, sand bottom, literally acres of water.

Groovee Mon 28-Oct-13 17:35:54

Another vote for Port Orleans

Corriewatcher Wed 30-Oct-13 12:25:09

We're staying now at the Port Orleans Riverside, next to the French Quarter, and I would recommend it. Not much to choose between the two (both are good), except that Riverside is twice the size and has more pools. Be aware that you don't get quite the same perks staying at the Swan/Dolphin hotels. Also the free quick service dining plan has saved us quite a bit of money when eating out at the parks - you don't get that at off-site hotels although their accommodation cost might be cheaper. Plus at the current time, off-site guests don't have "fastpass +" which allows onsite guests to book 3 fast passes per day online well in advance - that has been so handy. So I'd recommend finding out the benefits and costs of different options.

You get great Disney transport at all the onsite Disney hotels to the various parks/Downtown Disney. Don't worry about that.

We did initially want to book the 5 star Old Key West. There wasn't availability, so went for the more 4 star Port Orleans. DH was a bit put out initially that there weren't things like a gym, but tbh we haven't missed those things as so busy out at the parks - plus it saved us £1000 going for the cheaper option!

BTW October is a great time to visit. Hot without being oppressive, and the queues have been fine.

plipplops Wed 30-Oct-13 21:39:27

We stayed at the Grand Floridian a year ago with no car - one monorail stop to Magic Kingdom and lovely pool. Going next year (a year yesterday - hooorrraaaaayyyyy!!), staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge but we'll have a car this time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now