Winter sun holiday with a young toddler?

(9 Posts)
paneer Mon 09-Dec-13 21:48:52

Bandos Maldives. It is big but really doesn't feel big.

sergeantmajor Mon 09-Dec-13 21:45:29

Sheraton La Caleta in Tenerife has a creche, or Abama in Tenerife offers a personal nanny. Or for that smaller scale kind of place, you could do Fawakay Villas in Morocco, with a totally different vibe.

LifeTooShort Fri 22-Nov-13 22:14:09

Four Seasons in Sharm is fabulous. Have a look at their young family package - includes childcare, upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite, kids meals and laundry included. Beautiful hotel, fab weather.

minipie Tue 22-Oct-13 18:26:45

Thanks! may I ask, how old was your dd when you went, and what childcare was available for her? (dreaming of a couple of hours to snooze in the sun!)

29chapel Tue 22-Oct-13 17:45:18

minipie check it out - i have never returned to a holiday destination before but we all managed to get alot out of it. ie i read on a sunlounger, DD played constantly and DH went diving daily - everyone enjoyed themselves.

minipie Tue 22-Oct-13 17:11:04

Ooh Sharm El Sheik is a good thought, I hadn't considered that. DH and I love diving so would be amazing to manage even one dive.

lanzarote is a good thought too but we went there when I was pg so feels a bit soon to go back! Expect we will another year though.

juneau Tue 22-Oct-13 15:17:51

A friend of mine went to Lanzarote several winters running when her DC were little and she said it was great. It's not high culture, but it's warm in winter, has nice beaches, Spanish food, not too far (as compared with other winter sun destinations), and it's a lot safer than Egypt, Tunisia, etc.

29chapel Tue 22-Oct-13 15:15:47

We are about to go to the Sensatori in Sharm el Sheik for the 2nd time. We were there in April for the Easter holiday. Until we had DD we always were of the back packing around glam places persuasion but now things are different!

It's really geared up for kids, beach is excellent (there's a dive shop so DH is happy) with a covered play area, it's AI so no nasty bills when you check out, food is great and staff are outstanding. On balance i think it would be a great option for you. Happy holiday hunting!

minipie Tue 22-Oct-13 08:41:30

DH and I would like to treat ourselves to some sunshine in about Feb/March next year. DD will be around 17 months (15 months corrected age), will be walking by then I would guess.

Any recommendations? We're willing to spend a fair bit if it's worth it. We usually prefer smaller places (or smaller feeling) to mega huge hotels, but could be persuaded. Some babysitting or a crèche available would be nice!

thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now