Disney Typhoon Lagoon cabanas - $300???!

(11 Posts)
homebythesea Tue 22-Oct-13 08:25:03

We did cabana at Aquatica and it was worth every penny- primarily for the guaranteed shade but also for free wifi!

theladylovescupcakes Sun 20-Oct-13 23:57:59

The attendant brought our lunch over and refilled drinks etc. very attentive.

WallyBantersJunkBox Sun 20-Oct-13 23:30:21

I said I definitely wanted one next time I went. If you get six people it's definitely worth it for a whole day especially with grandparents. Although there are lockers we still ended up leaving some belongings on loungers which isn't very secure. We saw some really lovely private cabanas around the lazy river and they were very well attended. We had real trouble finding lounger space on our visit and that was in October so if you are in a group and want to be In a specific place they are great.

I think the Disney water parks are very good value - compared to the shitey Italian ones which cost more per day and are dirty and dangerous.

kaumana Sun 20-Oct-13 23:21:35

Better price! I have to ask .. What did your attendent do?

theladylovescupcakes Sun 20-Oct-13 01:10:45

Ok, so we went today and cabana rental was $238, with everything Atilla mentioned above.

NoComet Sat 19-Oct-13 23:08:20

Why, your either in a water shoot queue, a wave pool or floating round the lazy river. Why would you want a sun lounger let alone a Cabana, whatever that is?

But then, I resent massively the fact that you have to waste water shoot time having lunch.

kaumana Sat 19-Oct-13 23:03:19

I've been to Typhoon and Blizzard and have seen the cabanas. They really don't justify the price being asked.

As mummy said above they tend to be used for special occasions.

newfavouritething Sat 19-Oct-13 22:58:20

I really don't understand how Disney can charge so much for things like that when you've already paid a fortune in park tickets/travel/ accommodation etc etc.

mummytime Sat 19-Oct-13 08:18:52

I wouldn't bother. Most people only hire them for very special occasions or maybe a large family reunion. There is a lot of seating, you can more loungers to make your own space. Admittedly there isn't quite as much shade as Blizzard Beach, but there is still plenty.
And if it is a thunderstorms day would they give you a refund?

From their website:-

Premium Seating Areas

Four Premium Spaces are available for rental daily. This includes an attendant, private lockers, all day drink mugs, cooler with bottled water, comfortable lounge furniture, tables and rental towels. The Premium spaces accommodate up to six guests. Cost is $319.25 (tax included) for the full day (plus park admission). You will need to go to the High 'N Dry location to inquire about the availability of the Beachcomber Shacks. Advance reservations are currently available by calling 407-WDW-PLAY. Similar spaces are available at Blizzard Beach.

theladylovescupcakes Sat 19-Oct-13 01:49:42

We have disney tickets and planned to do one of the water parks in the next day or two, but are the cabanas really $300? Wet n Wild cabanas are less than $100! Anyone been to either of the disney water parks recently that can confirm current prices? Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now