Anyone got a Disney/Florida Holiday Planned Part 2

(988 Posts)
Groovee Thu 03-Oct-13 16:36:43
McKayz Sun 31-May-15 12:07:09

I have started a new thread as we haven't got much room left here.

thread 3

McKayz Sun 31-May-15 12:03:09

Oh no Dog! Lots of vitamin C and rest if you can!

BloodyDogHairs Sun 31-May-15 11:58:32

Just my luck I have poorly dc's (1 &3) sad both are choked with the cold and have a touch of the sickness.....I just know this is coming my way!

Thanks for FP info too!! I am the idiot who got up at 5am this morning just on the off chance I might get Anna and Elsa - I of course didn't!!

I did get the Pooh ride, Belle's tales and Buzz lightyear all in the morning and we're having lunch at BOG which I've already ordered!?!? I'll be having the french onion soup (stinky) and the tuna nicoise salad - we'll be heading back to the villa for naps and swimming at around 12.30!

Toffeelatteplease Sun 31-May-15 08:25:57

Thanks for The hints on the spending money. I know its a long time before I hope to go but it will take me that long to save. I think I'm in the right ball park.gringringringrin

HermioneWeasley Sat 30-May-15 19:31:28

purple the HP stuff at universal is AMAZING. If you're fans you absolutely must go, no question!

KinkyDorito Sat 30-May-15 18:16:59

I taxi to Universal from Disney. It was quite ££, but for the sake of a couple of trips out, we just did that purple. You can get the bus though.

It is very hot, but fine - I like it in August for that reason! Just make sure you sit in shade for shows though. The hardest part for us was at Seaworld watching a show not under shade. It was very hot. But we were told that 2013 was a particularly hot year. We also went to cinema at Universal on boardwalk to break up a very hot day. Had it to ourselves and seats were amazing.

BloodyDogHairs Sat 30-May-15 18:00:25

No I meant the normal queue was 80 min long so this year having us all a FP for Toy Story and only having a 15min wait will be good.

LucasNorthsTwiglets Sat 30-May-15 16:37:03

Hi, Purple! You have a good username for this thread smile We are going August 2016 and I am VERY nervous about the heat & humidity, so please report back later and tell me it was fine grin I can't advise about getting to Universal, I'm afraid, because we've always driven. The Dibb will know though - they know everything smile Have you seen the Busy Day Guide on the Dibb? I really recommend looking at it when planning your days as it can make a biiiiiig difference.

Dog, do you mean that you once waited in a Toy Story FP queue for 80 mins? Hopefully I read that wrong as that's making me panic smile

I am jealous of your rope-drop mornings, Strawberry - can I come with you instead of my family? smile

BloodyDogHairs Sat 30-May-15 14:35:33

8th June so this time next week the house will be getting a good gutting, last minute packing and double checking documents. Next Sunday I need to take the dog's to the kennels sad and buy snacks for the plane then will probably re-pack haha ready for our flight on the monday grin

After rope drop head straight to Elsa and Anna, I think that would be the only way of avoiding a 5 hour wait lol

Purplepixiedust Sat 30-May-15 14:06:32

Hello, we have just booked our first disney trip for 2 weeks from 23rd August this year!!! I am so excited. There is me, husband and 8yo DS. We were going to wait until next year but found some good priced flights and decided to go for it!

We will be staying at art of animation and not bothering with a car this time as we want to concentrate on the disney parks - although I am very tempted to do a couple of days at universal as me and the boy are big HP fans and it looks awesome! What's the best way to get there if we don't have a car?

Currently doing our homework and planing which days to go where and what fast passes to get. Will read back through the thread for tips!

We waited for TS for 1 1/2 hours 3 years ago, i loved it but felt the wait time severely impacts on the enjoyment of the ride!!!

Will have to learn to let the Anna and Elsa fp go then (aha, awful I know).

How long until you leave now BloodyDog?

We will definitely be there from rope drop all days.

BloodyDogHairs Sat 30-May-15 13:17:43

yeah sorry I meant with a fp......3 hours for a ride is just crazy!

LucasNorthsTwiglets Sat 30-May-15 13:12:03

That was for the FP queue though, Dog - the standby was never under 90 mins! It was 3 hours at one point shock

BloodyDogHairs Sat 30-May-15 12:36:49

15 mins that's good especially since last year I didn't go on it as it was up at 80 min wait time sad

LucasNorthsTwiglets Sat 30-May-15 11:53:37

Yes Strawberry, you can definitely wait for every ride (that's called the standby queue). Stamndby queues can be anything from 5 minutes to 2 hours+ depending on what time of year you go what time of day and how popular the ride is.

DogHairs, some FP queues get you on very quickly (5 mins) but others take a little longer. Toy Story was the longest FP queue we had and I think that was around 15 mins?

BloodyDogHairs Sat 30-May-15 11:05:39

You won't get a FP for Anna and Elsa, for the full 2 weeks I looked there was never a fp space for them. Thankfully we are more a Toy Story family smile

BloodyDogHairs Sat 30-May-15 11:03:38

I'm not sure how insane the lines will be but my limit is 50 min wait time. I'll report back when I'm there.

Does anyone know how quick you get on the rides in the FP section?

I'm really really pleased with my selections for fp for all the parks, it did take up alot of time to tweak them tho grin

Enjoy the rest nikki

I know what you mean about playing around with fastpass now BloodyDog, I've been doing it for a couple of days - tomorrow is my first day booking! I don't think we'll manage Anna & Elsa meet and greet as fastpass.

Any ideas on waiting times for popular rides without fastpass? Presumably we can still wait? I just wondered as fastpass has become massive whether they all go through and normal queue is let in even more slowly than previously. Starting to get the planning anxiety now!

BloodyDogHairs Fri 29-May-15 22:37:43

Have a fab cruise Nikki smile

nikki1978 Fri 29-May-15 20:51:54

We are onboard the disney dream now setting sail for the Bahamas! Had a fab time in orlando although it has been very full on! I would definitely stay onsite next time as doing a few hours in the morning before the heat sets in the going to the pool then returning in the evening is a pain when you are a 20 min drive away so our days were longer and the kids struggled.

BloodyDogHairs Fri 29-May-15 20:41:29

I should add that factor in tipping aswell tho I'm not sure if tipping is included in the dining plan.

HermioneWeasley Fri 29-May-15 19:53:12

addicted we went Easter this year, so let me know if I can help

HermioneWeasley Fri 29-May-15 19:52:38

I spent £2000 for 2 weeks for a family of 4, no dining plans or anything.

I reckon food plus parking was about £100-120/day plus gas, groceries, souvenirs etc.

addicted2cake Fri 29-May-15 19:51:14

Please can I join in your discussion?
I'm super excited - have booked our Disney trip for Easter 2016. Just reading all the advice from posters who have been before.
my dcs will be 14 and 8. (Both boys) hoping 14yo will love it as much as 8 yo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now