Please advise! 14 hour journey with a 4 month old. Does my in-flight bag sound ok?

(4 Posts)
omuwalamulungi Mon 30-Sep-13 22:46:02

He's mix fed so I've ordered some ready made formula to pick up after security.

Have a couple of small toys for him, dummies, blanket etc.

Nappies/wipes. (about 30 nappies!)

Change of clothes for me and 2 changes for him.

We will have an hour car journey home when we land and I don't want to be going through suitcases at 2am so need to allow extra for the night.

Then all the usual stuff, passports, small bag of toiletries for me, ipod etc.

He sleeps quite nicely on the train so I'm hoping he will find the plane similar...

I will have the buggy up to boarding and also taking my sling.

Thank you in advance!

SeashellHoarder Tue 01-Oct-13 06:07:42

Sounds like you've got it sorted. We travelled with dd a fair bit at this age and a couple of times I forgot things. I once got on a London - LA flight with NO nappies. She was about 8 months.

I'd add muslim cloths- 3or so.

Also I'd take 2 sachets of calpol.

vvviola Tue 01-Oct-13 06:38:39

Sounds good. I did 36 hours with DD2 at that age (UK to NZ via LA).

I'd make sure to bring loads more formula than you expect you'll need. DD2 was breastfed, but she switched back to newborn style feeding for the duration so was constantly feeding.

I always bring a couple of extra t-shirts when I travel with DDs. One change of clothes always seems like tempting fate - once they're on, you can't have another accident grin

I once came off a 1 & half hour flight with both DDs due to various accidents & spillages: DD1 was wearing my t-shirt as a dress, I was wearing my second spare t-shirt, DD2 was in her 3rd outfit. Only DH was still in the clothes he had started in grin

Oh, and layers for the baby. I found the temperatures on the plane seemed to fluctuate a lot so I was always taking off/ putting on layers.

Lastly, I always pack a pashmina type thing. Works as a shawl, a blanket, a mat for baby to lie on during stopovers. Once even used it as a makeshift sling, not to take the weight of then-toddler DD1 completely, just to spread the load a bit!

FiftyShadesofGreyMatter Tue 01-Oct-13 06:42:13

I'll second the 2 changes of clothes for yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now