please can someone help me with booking a disney florida hiliday..can't get my head around it at all

(6 Posts)
buss Sun 29-Sep-13 10:50:27

We want to go for 10 -14 days in school hols next Summer. 2 adults and 2 teenage ds's.

Booking flights separately seems to be ££££, but we want to do Universal as well as disney so I'm really not sure how to go about it.
We wanted to stay at disney hotels to get the fast pass tickets.
We just need to get it booked!

Check for deals like buy a 1 week park ticket and get the 2nd free.

If you're staying onsite at Disney you sometimes get passes included to waterparks etc when you book your hotel.

Book a ticketing/hotel deal. Then there's normally a buy one day get another day free type of deal for Universal.

Hire a car for 2 days and that's it all sorted! ( Disney hotel puts on Disney transport which is great and v convenient but you'll need alternative arrangements to get to universal.)

If I remember correctly, booking universal tickets through Virgin got you early access to park. So you get to do all the Harry potter stuff without 3 hour queues

buss Sun 29-Sep-13 11:08:10

what's the best way to book the flights?
the cheapest economy flights I can see with virgin is over 4k for flights only!

Fastpass tickets are available to all who visit WDW; these tickets are timed and are issued daily at some (but not all) rides till these run out.
If you stay at a Disney hotel the parks can be entered earlier.

Seeing as your children also are teenage, they may well prefer Universal over Disney overall. Also as your children are both over 10 they will both pay adult admission prices for all the theme parks.

Afraid that what you've been quoted sounds about right, children over the age of 12 pay adult fares.

Flights to Orlando are pricey anyway because the airlines know that this is a family route and thus very profitable for them. I would price comparison BA against Virgin and see what the difference is, VA can sometimes be dearer.

buss Sun 29-Sep-13 14:34:10

Thank you!

We flew American Airlines once and it was cheaper than virgin. ( Though nowhere near as nice)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now