Florida late June/early July 2014.

(15 Posts)
PTA Sat 28-Sep-13 08:51:33

As a result of a small inheritance, dh wants to go to Florida next year and "do" Disney.

Can anyone advise when would be the best/cheapest time to book flights please? Now or just after Christmas in the January sales? Will there be any reduction or should I just book it now?

If it makes any difference we are booking flights, accomodation, car hire and tickets separately.

TIA

roughtyping Sat 28-Sep-13 08:58:20

No idea but we're going at the very end of June as well grin and I'm so excited!

Try the ocean-Florida website? Or have a look on the Dibb forums, loads of advice there

PTA Sat 28-Sep-13 09:26:53

Thanks, I thought I might get a quick answer here.

I'll look at ocean-Florida (never heard of this on). I look at dibb years ago but again thought here might be quicker.

Where are you planning on staying roughtyping?

roughtyping Sat 28-Sep-13 09:36:32

We're staying at Hilton Bonnet Creek. We booked in February so got some discounts with Virgin, have gone with Thomson before and was all fine. This time it's £4.8k all in - flights, hotel, transfers, Disney 14-day ultimate tickets and Universal 2-park tickets for 2 adults and a 10yr old (charged as an adult for park tickets)

roughtyping Sat 28-Sep-13 09:37:12

But it is possible to do it loads cheaper - think it was about £3k for last year - flew with Thomson and stayed at a hotel on International Drive

roughtyping Sat 28-Sep-13 09:38:04

Sorry for multiple posts! But where will you be flying from? We're in Scotland and will be flying from Manchester - it's much cheaper as English schools won't have broken up yet

PTA Sat 28-Sep-13 11:11:21

We are also in Scotland and flying from Manchester just before the schools break up! As you say, loads cheaper.

We went to Florida once before and stayed on International Drive, not going back there again. Don't really want to stay somewhere where you can get the Daily Record and Irn Bru. I'm looking at an apartment at the Tuscana Resort.

We are thinking about 3 weeks for 2 adults and 2 ds, aged 7 and 11 (when we go) looks like about £ 5K and then spending money on top.

kaumana Sat 28-Sep-13 11:22:28

I booked two weeks ago , 8-22 July. Flying with BA, Edin - Gtwk-MCO. £650 each , had I booked the week before it would have been £540.

It's our 10+ visit, we normally do a split stay with a week at Disney and then a hotel in Lake Buena Vista. The hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd are great esp the Holiday Inn. Great shuttle service and walking distance to Downtown Disney and Crossroads shopping/restaurants.

roughtyping Sat 28-Sep-13 14:15:36

Kaumana, that sounds lovely. Think we might book in to one of the Universal Hotels for a couple of nights to use the FastPass!

kaumana Sat 28-Sep-13 15:10:38

We are planning to do one night/ two days at the Hard Rock to get the full benefits too!

ihatethecold Mon 30-Sep-13 21:26:11

Roughtyping, you will have an amazing time at bonnet creekgrin
I have stayed twice and I dream of going back.
It will be very hot when you go, the pool staff bring you round cold towels and frozen berries to cool you off!

I'm so envious. Have a great time.

roughtyping Tue 01-Oct-13 16:53:31

Cold, can't wait! It sounds amaaaazing!

roughtyping Tue 01-Oct-13 16:54:07

Am shock at frozen berries grin

ihatethecold Tue 01-Oct-13 17:05:21

Even the hotel foyer smells amazing!

Groovee Thu 03-Oct-13 16:41:42

We flew Thomas Cook from Glasgow this year and stayed in Westridge on H27. For us it was perfect and it was the first time we hadn't stayed at disney. Would love to do it again. Thomas Cook have been offering some low prices.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now