Where can I go on holiday in January?

(10 Posts)
mummymeister Thu 24-Oct-13 19:00:14

florida keys Islamorada. weather will be perfect loads for people to do. have a look at Hawks cay resort on duck key. if there were just the two of us this is where I would go. easy to get to. fly into Miami and drive down. fab outdoors stuff too.

SorrelForbes Thu 24-Oct-13 18:29:31

Hawaii?

handcream Thu 24-Oct-13 18:18:49

Try Ko Samui - The Sanbaturi (sorry about the spelling!). 5* hotel. Massages for £5 an hour on the beach (I had one very day!). Definitely Thailand for that budget. It will go a long way.

Definitely dont go All inclusive if you choose Thailand. Just B&B.

Hazelbrowneyes Tue 24-Sep-13 09:18:50

Thank you!

Carly Hated the resort we were in. It was like a retirement home. What was the all inc in Mexico you were in?

DH is worried he'll be bored in the Maldives. <rolling eyes icon>

Looking at Thailand and Costa Rica now. Cape Verde is also being added to the list smile

rootypig Mon 23-Sep-13 18:50:31

Sorry, Cape Verde is west Africa. Meant to make a west Africa list, decided not to, forgot to delete 'east'. [sigh]

rootypig Mon 23-Sep-13 18:48:59

How about central America? Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, Guatemala.

East: Goa, Indonesia.

East Africa: Tanzania, Mozambique, Cape Verde.

All of this based on hot beachiness smile

carlywurly Mon 23-Sep-13 18:48:10

Had a lovely all inclusive in Mexico and also rio paradisus in Cuba was amazing.

carlywurly Mon 23-Sep-13 18:46:59

Def recommend Thailand - it's got amazing scenery, lovely people and food but do your research as some bits are now way too touristy IMO.

If short haul, you could do one of the canaries, Cyprus or morocco.

What did you hate about st Lucia, out of interest?

Buzzardbird Mon 23-Sep-13 18:39:08

Go East? Thailand, Maldive. Good time to go there.

Hazelbrowneyes Mon 23-Sep-13 15:55:00

Basically, choose my holiday please!

We want:
Sun
All inclusive
Ideally adults only
Big resort but not too big (between 100 & 200 rooms would be ideal)
Decent food

So far the only place we've found which hits the spot is Sandals Montego Bay but this is over £5k for 10 days and ideally we'd like to spend a little bit less.

This will be the last holiday before we start TTC so we want it to be a bit special.

Where else can I look at? Any resort recs? I'm so worried about the holiday being rubbish (we went to St. Lucia a few years ago and hated every minute of it) so I thought I'd ask the advice of MNers.

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now