Do you have any lovely ideas on how to tell our children we are going to Disney World?

(13 Posts)
NickNacks Sat 21-Sep-13 20:32:40

We're going next Easter and since all our money is going towards that, we have decided to cut back at Christmas and save telling them until Christmas Day. I'd like to dress it up as a present- any ideas?? They are 10,7 and 3.

Looking forward to hearing any and every idea you may have as I'm really stuck smile

A Disney treasure hunt through the house in Christmas Day. Find a DVD/ piece if Disney character costume and a letter with every clue.

The letters at the end spell disney Florida holiday!

Then you DVDs to watch for entertainment and they can wear silly costumes / Mickey Mouse ears all day.

Perhaps do stocking presents of stuff they really wAnt that doesn't cost too much.

Apologies for all the typos!

Flicktheswitch Sat 21-Sep-13 20:37:36

Mouse ears/Minnie mouse dress for 3YO if she's a girl ?

Make your own crackers and put clues as the prizes and jokes (or give them 2 words each to put together in a word puzzle)

Flicktheswitch Sat 21-Sep-13 20:38:38

You can get a Disneyland Kinect game if you have that

anchovies Sat 21-Sep-13 20:44:55

Disney do a phonecall from Mickey in the weeks leading up to Christmas. We did that and talked a bit about how strange it was that mickey had rang to say Happy Christmas.

On the day they opened their presents and then noticed a Disney helium balloon saying go in the dining room. We bought a Minnie and mickey with little personalised tags saying can't wait to meet you and a big card from moonpig telling them where we were going (love from FC)

It was so good, it was like the advert. All the dcs screaming!

NickNacks Sat 21-Sep-13 21:23:39

Fab ideas thank you.

Loving the treasure hunt as it's right up the older ones street and 3 yr old is a girl so Minnie Mouse outfit is a must!

anchovies I had no idea about the Mickey Mouse phone call- where would I find that do you know? On the official website? The moon pig card is exactly how I pictured it at the end of the treasure hunt.

So bloody excited about telling them- almost as much as the holiday itself!!

anchovies Sat 21-Sep-13 21:39:33

Yep, it was just advertised on the Disney website. You just signed up for a time slot and it rang with the recorded message at that time. It was a bit random but v good for free!

NickNacks Sat 21-Sep-13 21:59:51

Thank you , will take a look.

Crutchlow35 Sun 22-Sep-13 08:42:45

The Mickey call last year was brilliant.

stantonherzlinger Sun 22-Sep-13 09:03:44

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

sweetestcup Sun 22-Sep-13 23:35:03

My friend did it like an advert - magnetic letters arranged on the fridge door!

Cheshireblue Mon 23-Sep-13 13:55:50

There was a competition by a national newspaper for the best Disney 'reveal' a couple of years ago. Some amazing ideas came up - google Disney Holiday reveal for kids and see what you get!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now