DS turning 3 while we're in Florida - do I need to buy him tickets

(9 Posts)
flatmum Thu 19-Sep-13 16:11:09

so ds is turning 3 halfway though our 3 week trip. I am buying 14 day flex tickets for Disney and Universal for the family (adults and older kids) - do I need to buy him a pass? do they check age at the gates?

flatmum Thu 19-Sep-13 16:12:02

I mean 2 week trip.

I will be buying separate seaworld tickets too but could go on a day before his birthday.

how closely do they check for the subsequent days?

flatmum Thu 19-Sep-13 18:01:38

bump anyone been recently and k ow the answer? (the ticket company don't would you believe!!)

Taz1212 Thu 19-Sep-13 19:44:18

For Disney it's the age when you first use the tickets so if you buy the 14 day flexi pass just make sure you first use it before his birthday.

They sometimes do spot checks- most likely to ask your son not you! It doesn't happen often but if it does just explain that he turned 3 during the trip and you'll be fine. You could always carry a photocopy copy of his passport (I think you're supposed to anyway in FL but we never bother!)

Sorry I have no idea as to how strict Seaworld are!

Taz1212 Thu 19-Sep-13 19:49:06

Sorry, am trying to type while being interrupted by children! No, you don't need to buy your son a ticket, just use yours before he turns 3.

flatmum Thu 19-Sep-13 21:04:47

thanks Taz - so you mean just activate our four passes before he turns 3 and dont buy a 14 day pass for him?

That should work! Then we can just go to Seaworld in the first week while he is two. If they ask him, he doesnt know anyway smile

Taz1212 Fri 20-Sep-13 07:55:30

Yes, sorry! I started to type, had one child come in to ask about homework, went back to typing, had another child come in and completely forgot what I was trying to say!

Yes, activate your tickets before the birthday and then in the unlikely event that you are questioned after the birthday just tell them. It's extremely unlikely that they'll check the tickets (or even question you) because they mostly operate on a trust system, but it keeps you covered just in case.

Yonididnaedaethat Fri 20-Sep-13 11:09:33

I bought my DS a ticket as he was nearly 4 when we went to Disney...it was never used, he was in a buggy so the staff just opened the gate for me and only scanned my ticket. I was never asked once for his ticket, even when he was out of the buggy at Disney Quest. So I sold it on eBay when I came home.

flatmum Fri 20-Sep-13 11:17:32

fantastic! That's 400 odd quid I can spend elsewhere - may take them to the Mickey Halloween Party now as well - thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now