So where did everyone stay in Orlando/Kissimmee area?

(8 Posts)
newfavouritething Tue 10-Sep-13 19:34:07

Was going to book a cheap motel, but now wondering about villas/condo's - would prefer a communal pool, and want to be away from international drive. Any recommendations? And prices? Won't pay more than £400 the week.

mummymeister Wed 11-Sep-13 15:18:12

how many of you? we have stayed in a couple of places with 5 bedrooms so might be a bit large/out of your budget. really like being around sunset lakes. lovely lake view and close to Disney.

newfavouritething Wed 11-Sep-13 17:25:10

2 adults, 2 children, last time we went we stayed in a studio 6 which is a room with a small kitchen area, which tbh is as much as we need and is £250 a week. Am finding it hard to move on from that idea as it's so easy. Can anyone convince me otherwise? Most people seem to stay in villas, what are the benefits?

Fluffy1234 Wed 11-Sep-13 18:35:06

Space.

Yonididnaedaethat Wed 11-Sep-13 22:24:46

I'm staying in the Clarion Inn when I go next year, stayed in it last year. Cheap and cheerful lol

I prefer hotels to villas as I feel villas get boring having your own pool, need a car to go anywhere. Don't get me wrong I love the luxury of a villa but prefer the hotels for pools, and closeness to restaurants etc

mummymeister Thu 12-Sep-13 11:31:00

as fluffy said we like a lot of space as we have 3 teenagers. if studio 6 suits you then why change? personally like the villas because you aren't on top of the restaurants and Disney experience 24/7 which is great in small doses but not all of the time. having your own pool means you can swim in it whenever you want without disturbing others. we saved a lot of money by cooking decent meals in the evening and having space to buy, prepare and store picnics for day time use. the kids could watch music video channels in their rooms and we could watch proper TV in the evening.

Groovee Sat 14-Sep-13 17:28:57

We stayed in Westridge out on H27. It was perfect.

dianen Mon 30-Sep-13 12:50:03

When are you travelling? If it's within 90 days, there is a great website that offers all types of accommodation for only £225 per week. medresorts.net/cl.htm I haven't used them for Orlando, but I have used them for the Canaries and Cyprus and have been well impressed by the quality of the accommodation, and of course the price! :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now