Which hotel to choose in Antigua? October half term

(5 Posts)
RachelHRD Sat 07-Sep-13 11:31:02

We went to Blue Waters for our honeymoon 10 years ago and it was lovely. Check TripAdvisor for current reviews.

PestoSwimissimos Sat 07-Sep-13 11:22:29

We went to Jolly Beach Resort this summer, t'was lovely. Definitely not a re-furbed Pineapple. It's been established there for many years and the beach is beautiful. White sand and turquoise sea and very very calm. The main pool is huge and starts off shallow in places, and has fountains, waterfall and is just gorgeous for children smile

marbeth Fri 06-Sep-13 19:10:48

Hi bronsta

Verandah resort is lovely. Rooms are good size and lovely pool .

sleepdodger Mon 02-Sep-13 21:29:40

Years ago went to Antigua for honeymoon
Jolly beach is I think now pineapple
If its been done up lovely
If not it will be v tired and I dot think security is v good as open onto public beach
James club has v good rep
Verandah is lovely but only recently started taking under 12's so not sure how child friendly it actually is
As an aside it was v unpopular with locals due to wiping out a load of land for development...

bronsta Mon 02-Sep-13 21:17:39

I am hoping to book a holiday for me and my two kids (9 and 5) this October half term. At the moment I am torn between three choices:
Grand pineapple (the cheapest by far)
Verandah Spa
St James Club
This will be my first holiday abroad alone with my kids and I want somewhere they will have lots of fun, freedom and other kids to play with and where I can get a bit of relaxation.
Any one got any thoughts or been to one of these and able to advise? Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now