Good value International Drive hotel with great buffet breakfast please?!?

(5 Posts)
10ptstoGRYFFINDOOR Thu 03-Oct-13 21:31:51

Hi there. We stayed at Rosen Inn Pointe in August. Breakfast was fine but the pools were basic and subject to traffic noise and very overlooked, so if pool is key I wouldn't recommend it.

Budgiegirlbob Tue 03-Sep-13 23:17:08

I'd second Embassy Suites, if you can shop around and get a good price. It's very handy having a separate sitting room if your kids are young, as they can go to bed before you, and you won't disturb them (or have to sit in the dark waiting for the kids to go to sleep)

The buffet breakfasts are fab, and filling, meaning you won't need too much for lunch, they also do a managers cocktail party each evening, with free beers, wine, cocktails, snacks etc (between 5pm and 7pm if memory serves) and free soda and slushies for the kids. It made a nice start for the evening before going out.

BestIsWest Sun 01-Sep-13 21:17:32

We stayed in the Embassy Suites on International Drive. Great buffet breakfast, 2 very comfy double beds plus separate sitting room with a pull out sofabed. There was a nice indoor pool though the outdoor one was a bit small. Free shuttles to parks plus free passes for the i-trolley and free cocktails and snacks between 5 and 7pm. Decor was a little bit dated but I could live with that. The location was quite good to with a few restaurants nearby (Millers Sports bar was excellent)

ChestyNut Sun 01-Sep-13 19:36:38

We stayed at Rosen inn at pointe orlando...lovely!

Has restaraunt there that does breakfast and sizzlers is just next door. We used to go for breakfast, cheap and good selection of breakfast on buffet.

plipplops Sun 01-Sep-13 19:06:30

We're looking to go to Florida next year and are looking for a hotel on the International Drive. I'm hoping to spend less than £1K for a fortnight in Oct/Nov. We're happy to share a room (4 of us in 2 double beds, or a double and bunks etc..), but they need to be comfy decent size beds, and the hotel needs to have a nice pool and a really good buffet breakfast.

Would love to hear any recommendations please...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now