24 hrs in Boston, Mass with 3yo and 10mo - help me focus!

(4 Posts)
JustCallMeMaam Wed 28-Aug-13 09:53:35

We are going to New England in early October - flying in and out of Boston and staying in southern tip of Maine.

Want to go to Boston but can't decide whether to have a day at start/ end of holiday or to have a day trip travelling down from Maine via Amtrak. (Think day trip with LOs might be too much?)

Any suggestions of what to focus on so we don't overstretch, bearing in mind need to work around DC?

JustCallMeMaam Wed 28-Aug-13 22:16:30

Bump

Nervousfirsttimer Wed 28-Aug-13 22:18:15

The aquarium is awesome and little ones would love it. I went before ds though so not sure of other kid friendly things

laraeo Mon 02-Sep-13 21:27:24

I'd probably stick with the aquarium & Faneuil Hall. Maybe with a short walk up the Rose Kennedy Greenway to Columbus Park. There will be lots for your DC to see and do.

You might also consider the Children's Museum or Boston Common.

Problem is, it's hard to know what the weather will be like.

I don't know that I'd do a day trip from Maine. If you're flying in/out of Logan, I'd put it at the end of the trip - depending on how active a time you're planning for ME. Then again, if it's a quiet time in ME, then maybe it'd be nice to break it up a bit. Although the train travel would be a slog with the DC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now