Where to go in Oct that's hot?

(30 Posts)
sleepyhorse Fri 16-Aug-13 22:31:08

Hi

Unfortunately we have missed out on a holiday this summer as husband very busy with work. But looking to take our 2 kids (3 & 5) on holiday in Oct half term which I think is at end of Oct. So I just googled where is hot in Oct and it's saying Dubai and canary islands. Not sure if I fancy canary islands as the weather can be hit and miss plus swimming pools always seem to be freezing. And not sure if Dubai will be too hot for kids. Anyone got any advice on where is best or recommend anywhere else? Thanks

Bowlersarm Fri 16-Aug-13 22:36:35

We're going to Dubai. But we did look into Cyprus.

sleepyhorse Fri 16-Aug-13 22:47:49

Whereabouts in Dubsi?

Alibobster Fri 16-Aug-13 23:12:18

Mexico

Bowlersarm Fri 16-Aug-13 23:18:06

Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Very excited. Haven't been before.

Cyprus looks lovely too. Adams Beach Hotel was recommended by good friends but it is very close to Aya Napa (sp?) which put us off a bit.

mirry2 Fri 16-Aug-13 23:18:27

Orlando, Florida. Barbados.

mummymeister Sat 17-Aug-13 15:46:41

Cyprus is not what I would call hot in October we have been a couple of times then and that's not what I would call it. go on to the accuweather website and check it out. Florida keys, anywhere near to the equator. if in doubt google the weather info first.

Mexico is great in October.

lucidlady Sat 17-Aug-13 16:54:41

Maldives is awesome. There are some good deals available just now too.

baconsandwich Mon 19-Aug-13 00:34:33

we've been to cyprus three years in a row in oct half term and it has definitely been hot. Between 25 and 30 degrees, gorgeous, not a drop of rain or even cloud. we stayed in kapparis with this company www.villas4kids.com/ and had a great time - not going this year (trying turkey instead with neilsons) but I'm sure we'll go back to cyprus in the future

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Mon 19-Aug-13 00:53:14

Kalkan, the Turquoise Coast, southern Turkey.

Southern Morocco, Essouira.

Crete.

envy grin

BonzoDooDah Mon 19-Aug-13 01:00:45

ooh watching with interest

sleepyhorse Tue 20-Aug-13 16:05:06

Oh just seen this now. I would love to go to Greece or ideally because of the shorter distance but also because i love Greece! I want it hot though, no less than 27 degrees as want to be able to go swimming?

sleepyhorse Tue 20-Aug-13 16:06:55

I meant Greece or Cyprus

MarshaBrady Tue 20-Aug-13 16:09:56

Crete can be cool. We went in October and had cool days with storms on the day we arrived and left. We were lucky but it also just got to 25-27 degrees (which was fine with very young dc but I like it warmer on holiday).

sleepyhorse Tue 20-Aug-13 16:13:51

Oh really marsha. Was the swimming pools and sea warm?

sleepyhorse Tue 20-Aug-13 16:18:07

Don't think Maldives is good for kids though?

sleepyhorse Tue 20-Aug-13 16:19:38

And as much as I love Mexico when I googled it, October is hurricane season apparently

MarshaBrady Tue 20-Aug-13 16:26:15

The sea was cool but the pools were very cold (at a resort called Daios Cove, not sure if they have generally cold pools).

We were there mid-October.

sleepyhorse Tue 20-Aug-13 18:26:29

Oh ok I might forget Greece then

chickydoo Tue 20-Aug-13 18:31:48

Goa is amazing in October!

nannyafrica Tue 20-Aug-13 19:48:04

Sri Lanka, rent a house with a pool on the beach. You could take the kids to the elephant orphanage at bath time! or go to one of the turtle sanctuaries. We have been twice this year we love it. smile

sleepyhorse Tue 20-Aug-13 20:50:55

Nanny - Sri Lanka sounds lovely but as we have some thomas cook vouchers and thomas cook don't do holidays that time of year to SL amongst other long haul paradise places, we are quite restricted to where we can go

nannyafrica Tue 20-Aug-13 21:17:19

best thing to do if you want to use Thomas cook vouchers is to go on to their website and put in your dates and see what they have, I think they go to Cuba and Mexico and maybe USA in October.

DanceLikeJohnTravoltaNow Tue 20-Aug-13 21:20:40

I came on to say Vegas, but it isn't great for kids!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now