How to help my two year old get over jet lag

(4 Posts)
SaltyandSweet Wed 07-Aug-13 13:29:38

We've just returned to Switzerland, where we are currently living, after 3 weeks in Canada with family. My sons, 4 and 2, adjusted very quickly to the time difference when we arrived in Canada and now that we are back (a 6 hour time difference), my 4 year old is fine but my 2 year old! He has his usual early afternoon nap and goes to bed at his normal bedtime of 745pm and falls asleep no problem. But then wakes up around an hour later, ready to play! He won't go back to sleep till the early hours of the morning. Before this trip he'd slept through the night for many months. I'm trying to keep to our old routine but nothing is working, grateful for ANY tips!

Crutchlow35 Wed 07-Aug-13 19:13:58

Drop the nap. Tire him out with swimming and park and hopefully that will do it n

SaltyandSweet Wed 07-Aug-13 20:16:14

Thanks! Tried this afternoon though it's been raining off and on all day so it wasn't that active. Though he was super tired come bedtime and dropped off in 5 minutes ... That's the thing, he always seems very ready to sleep but lo and behold, I hear him up and about about an hour after going down. It's been 1 hour and 15 minutes so far tonight ...

lljkk Fri 09-Aug-13 08:09:51

Normal ime for everyone to have that each way, in my mind you're lucky it's just one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now