Universal Orlando hotels

(6 Posts)
Bear Mon 05-Aug-13 17:35:55

Been following the Disney/Universal Orlando threads with great interest as it looks like we might make our first trip next Easter. Would be really interested to hear about any experience /impressions you might have of the Universal on-park hotels. We're drawn to them for the extra hours in the Wizarding World, but there are mixed reviews on TripAdvisor. Especially about the Loews Royal Pacific that the Virgin agent is keenest for us to book - here. Also there's a new retro one due to open about a week or so before we arrive - would it be safe to book that or might we get caught out with delays/half built problems?

I'm assuming that we could get a taxis to Disney parks for a couple of days while w're there - is that right?

Thanks all

Bear

Groovee Fri 09-Aug-13 08:07:54

The new one won't be offering the free express passes which the current 3 hotels do. My friend has just stayed at Hard Rock Cafe and loved it despite initial reservations as she arrived.

couch25cakes Sat 10-Aug-13 11:49:46

We stayed at Royal Pacific and really liked it. The rooms were nice, clean and big enough. We were hardly in the rooms (just stayed one night for express passes for two days) but they were very nice. The pool was lovely. We're staying there again next summer to get the benefit of the passes.

3monkeys Sun 11-Aug-13 02:34:53

We have just had 2 nights at Royal Pacific and it was lovely, gorgeous pool and the free fast passes were worth their weight in gold. Drinks in the bar were extortionate though. It was much better than going to and from Disney every day, less hassle. You get a free water taxi to the parks which the kids loved

Bear Mon 12-Aug-13 23:16:22

Thanks - we bit the bullet and went for the Hard Rock. Just two thirds of a year to wait now!

If I were ever having another big family holiday in Orlando, Hard Rock is what I would choose! Have fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now