Unaccompanied Minor (11yrs), Manchester to Canada

(6 Posts)
fudge74 Mon 22-Jul-13 13:27:33

I want to send my son to visit his uncle in Canada (Ottowa) from Manchester (or Liverpool) anyone have any advice on airlines to choose/avoid, and when would be cheapest in the summer hols?
Cheers!

This summer or next?.

I would look at airlines like BA (they have a Skyflyer Solo service) and Air Canada as they may be able to assist. Finding him a direct flight to Ottawa is not going to be easy, such flights I think actually only depart to there from Heathrow.

fudge74 Mon 22-Jul-13 17:56:09

this summer - can you get nearby from Manchester?

Strix Wed 24-Jul-13 16:04:02

I put an unaccompanied minor on a Virgin Atlantis flight to Chicago recently. The service was great. They were much cheaper than BA. I recommend them. Although don't know if they fly the route you are looking for.

I was very nervous. DD was not. :-(

Got an email fromher today where she said "stop being so fussy mummy". shock

Christelle2207 Tue 06-Aug-13 13:13:53

be aware that I'm not aware of any direct flights from Manchester or liverpool to ottawa. Toronto you can though, otherwise you'd be looking at an indirect flight.

higherhill Sat 10-Aug-13 21:46:37

Have you checked air transat. We flew with them recently Manchester to Vancouver. There were 2 young kids flying unaccompanied looked like brother and sister, on the flight out. I would say they looked about 12 and 10 years old. Hope this helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now