Los Angeles question

(10 Posts)
Sally14 Mon 29-Jul-13 07:43:20

Jerrys Motel. I've just left. I'm travelling up the west coast with my three year old. I've reviewed it on my blog. http://sallyhutchinson1.wordpress.com/ it's highly rated on trip advisor.

We stayed at the radisson maingate unsure if its still ther,e but was nice. Was close enough to walk to downtown Disney and was just over a mile to Disney itself x

broadsheetbabe Fri 12-Jul-13 20:00:23

Try Newport Beach or the amazing Huntington Beach.

BreakfastCricket Fri 12-Jul-13 19:47:32

We tried to drive from Longbeach to Hollywood last week at about mid-day ( July 3 ) but turned back as the traffic was a nightmare.

BehindTheScenesAtTheMumseum Fri 12-Jul-13 18:24:17

Maybe try looking on a website like hotels.com or Expedia as you can search by availability, budget etc.

Also, I second what Attila said - Disney is miles away from Hollywood and the awful traffic makes it even further. Loads of hotels near Disneyland, you'd be better staying nearby for that bit.

Long beach is a million miles from everywhere. What's your itinerary and budget? I live here and can find done suggestions if you give me more details...

Look at a map of the LA area. LA is a huge sprawl of a place and made up of many different suburbs.

You need to have the first night's accommodation booked before you travel as that is a condition of the ESTA (electronic travel authorisation).

I would look at the Anaheim area if you want to visit Disney. Long Beach is about an hour's drive (minimum) from Anaheim.

Isityouorme Fri 12-Jul-13 07:01:49

No availability!

Would staying in Long Beach be too far from the touristy things, like Disney and Hollywood?

BehindTheScenesAtTheMumseum Thu 11-Jul-13 21:20:30

The Farmer's Daughter is great - we stayed there last month. It is right by the fabulous Grove shopping centre and the LA farmers market - and walking distance to loads of museums which is great as driving in LA is horrendous so it was nice to have a day off driving. I wish I was there right now!

Isityouorme Thu 11-Jul-13 21:17:35

Can someone please recommend a hotel in LA? Going next week and not booked anything! Doing usual touristy things and will have a car. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now