Is it possible to book flight tickets from NYC to SF with stopovers?

(9 Posts)
Ponders Thu 11-Jul-13 16:57:49

oh thank you, Vagn smile

I did some rummaging this morning & got a fairly reasonable cost using a combination of Greyhound & flights (mostly with Delta I think, though I was looking on Orbitz) but I was using Philadelphia, what with not knowing!

I'll have another look & hope Pittsburgh won't be much different.

Vagndidit Thu 11-Jul-13 14:29:50

Penn State is in State Colege, PA which is not particularly close to any major city. Pittsburgh would be closest. There is a smallish airport near the university that is served by smalller airlines from bgger cities but the flights are likely to be $$$.

Look into budget airlines for routes between the other cities--Southwest, JetBlue, Airtran.

Ponders Thu 11-Jul-13 09:18:12

Thanks, Attila. I suspect it will be too expensive & he'll have to rethink.

I looked up Penn State & it said it has a lot campuses, but there doesn't seem to be one main one? I don't know if he knows atm where she is exactly. Anyway I'll get some more information from him & see if I can get a rough price.

This is likely going to cost him a fair bit particularly in August; US internal flights are not as reasonably priced as they once were.

If he can stick to one airline then I would look into that option. Delta may well be looking at as they also fly into Austin from Atlanta.

Penn State is located in the US state of Pennsylvania and have many campuses dotted throughout that state.

Ponders Wed 10-Jul-13 17:32:47

There's a Travel Counsellor locally, I'll try her - thanks. (Can't really get online prices yet as he's not sure of dates)

CMOTDibbler Wed 10-Jul-13 17:28:52

Its worth pricing it yourself and then going to a couple of places to see what they can come up with. Often my TA can fiddle around with a many segment trip and find cheaper ways of ticketing it

Ponders Wed 10-Jul-13 17:20:29

Thanks, CMOT

would I be better going to a travel agent then, do you think?

CMOTDibbler Wed 10-Jul-13 16:47:49

You can do a tourist ticket sometimes which is a series of internal flights. I don't know how to search for them though as my travel agents have always looked for them for me.

Ponders Wed 10-Jul-13 16:41:25

If so can anyone tell me where to look, please?

DS is working at summer camp until mid-August, then he'd like to visit friends at Penn State (where is that exactly?), Atlanta, Austin & San Francisco before returning to NYC for his flight home. He's got about a month altogether.

The separate flights look quite expensive so I was wondering if there's a cheaper way to do it?

TIA smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now