Las Vegas, things to (avoid) with teenagers

(4 Posts)
bluesky Mon 08-Jul-13 13:51:24

We walked along the strip, starting early before it got mega hot, and just wound our way in and out of the different hotels, they are all so different.

We then got the train back, which runs behind some of the hotels, as we were exhausted and hot.

Fountains at Bellagio in the evening are worth seeing. We did an evening helicopter ride over LV which was really good.

The Pirate Show was rubbish, so avoid that and spend the time elsewhere.

Shops in the Venetian are amazing, and with a recreation of St Marks Square inside with the canals and gondolas is definitely worth seeing.

We had a good meal at Rainforest Cafe, much better than the one in London.

If they like RollerCoasters, there is one that goes around the outside of Hotel New York New York.

homebythesea Wed 03-Jul-13 08:22:38

A big hit (surprisingly) with my 2 was the Titanic exhibition in Luxor- really excellent. If they are brave try the rides at the top of the Stratosphere. We also enjoyed Beatles Cirque show

Crutchlow35 Australia Mon 01-Jul-13 13:54:31

You won't see much in 2 days. It could take you 2 days to get out of the MGM Grand Hotel! Only joking!

I'd just see some of the hotels. You won't manage them all so stick with may be The Ventiain, MGM, Ceasars and may be one or two others.

The fountains at the Bellagio in the evening are lovely. The Ventiain gondola rides are a big cheesy but fun. Shopping is great.

To be honest. With 2 days I wouldn't plan much. I'd just get up, go for a wander and see where it takes you. I think if you plan to much for two days you will be disappointed as you probably won't get to do it all.

Bigwuss Mon 01-Jul-13 12:34:34

We plan to go an a trip to the Grand Canyon which leaves 2 days to see the sights.
Staying at the MGM grand, thanks to advice on another thread, so what do we need to see? Or more importantly, where don't we want to go?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now