West coast usa, info anyone - is this too much?

(52 Posts)
Bigwuss Sun 19-May-13 15:30:21

DH wants to see everywhere, literally everywhere, and I think we're trying to do far too much.

Plans so far are
Las Vegas -3 nights
Drive to Grand Canyon stay overnight
Drive to Phoenix stay overnight
Flight to LA
Anaheim 4 nights
Drive up the coast over 3 days
Looking to stay in Santa Barbara 1 night, somewhere near big sur, 2 nights.
San Francisco for 3 nights

What would you lose? Are the drives realistic given it will be summer?

Pitmountainpony Fri 07-Jun-13 04:02:11

Cider

Universal is brilliant especially for teenagers.
I disagree on the driving- you will be fine as you have 3 weeks. Flights here are not so cheap anymore and driving is easy-LA to Vegas in 5 hours.
As long as you are happy to spend bits in the car it is much more economical to drive.
San diego is perfectly pleasant and you will enjoy it I am sure- it is just a big leg on the end of the trip but if you get to see friends it will be worth it.
There is an amazing hotel in Yosemite called The Awanhee- The Shining set designer used lots of its aspects to design his set...anyway it is pretty reasonable to eat lunch in there so that could be a nice treat-fabulous dining hall.....so you kind of access the hotel through dining there-maybe book ahead in the summer. Also get out early to get into the park each morning as the traffic really builds up.
Let me know what Death Valley is like- yet to visit!!
Have a great trip.

carlajean Mon 10-Jun-13 16:32:45

try TripAdvisor, people come up with good advice as well. I agree with previous poster, Phoenix is grim, been there once, never again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now