Orlando villas are making my head explode...Please help me!

(8 Posts)
ICutMyFootOnOccamsRazor Fri 17-May-13 17:30:41

I know lots of people on here are real Orlando experts - looking for some advice and help please.

We're planning to go from 14-28 August with 3 adults and 2 children aged 5 and 2. We're trying to find a 3/4 BR villa to rent, but the choice is just so OTT that it's making me go cross-eyed.

Some of the websites seem to either not show an availability calendar, so you have to send a request for each one, or don't have easy search filters, so you have to trawl through the particulars of every place to see if it's got what you want, which is a real pita.

I can't even pinpoint which area we want to be in really - they all look the same and I've got to the point where I can see pictures of swimming pools and theme bedrooms whirling around in my head!

How do I narrow this down and what are some good villa websites, please?

BreakfastCricket Sat 18-May-13 20:30:45

Don't know too much about Florida villas but as a rule make sure you read all the reviews/ recommendations. Check to see when the villa was last refurbished. If it rents out 300 days a year and says it was refurbished more than 12 months before then just be aware it may show signs of wear. Try to see photos of every room ... We once had a bathroom in a French villa which simply had a curtain an no walls and was actually the mezzanine and on view to anyone downstairs. Narrow your search by proximity to where you want to be. See if there are places to eat where you don't have to drive. Don't pay for rooms and beds you don't need. If your kids want to meet other families try for villas on complexes. There are probably dozens of villas which would suit so your bound to choose well.

mummymeister Mon 20-May-13 12:27:42

We have stayed at a couple of good villas. one was on sunset lakes and the other a little further out but still 20 mins from house to Disney. this was the one the children liked best here the owners are in the Uk and the place was immaculate. we went in Jan 2013. we found vrbo to be a good site when trawling.

Groovee Mon 20-May-13 12:42:20

If you go to Villa Map This shows you where all the communities are. You can then narrow down your search.

ICutMyFootOnOccamsRazor Tue 21-May-13 02:56:55

Thanks, I was honestly getting so confused by it all that I was wondering if we should just go to Cornwall instead blush.

I've given myself a grip over the weekend and have had a good look through vrbo. Am starting to feel like it might be possible...

ICutMyFootOnOccamsRazor Tue 21-May-13 03:05:52

By the way mummymeister, that villa you linked to is gorgeous. Roughly how long did it take to get to Disney from there?

mummymeister Tue 21-May-13 10:32:03

OP - it was 20 - 25 mins which we found to be perfect. it was also ideally placed for getting to universal where my 3 DC's (who are older teens 10 - 14) preferred in the end so it ended up perfect. there is a huge supermarket not even 5 mins away. spotless is not the word for it either and the view across the lake is better than in the photos. we have never before been back to stay anywhere but can safely say if we go back to florida again this is where we will stay. Biggest plus was UK owner so that everything was paid for in sterling rather than after converting into dollars. hope they have space for you.

MOSagain Sun 26-May-13 19:09:56

have a look at Loyalty Homes www.loyaltyusa.com They manage loads of villas in orlando, all of which are less than 4 miles to Disney. Most have private pools and many have gamesrooms. If you go to their homepage just put in your dates and it will show you immediately which homes are available.

I can highly recommend them. They are owned and managed by an english lady who now lives out there and she has managed my home for over 10 years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now