LongHaul flight with 6 children. Advice needed, please.

(6 Posts)
MultipleMama Germany Tue 14-May-13 17:54:59

Opinions and advice wanted.

We're planning to visit my Grandparents in Kazan for Christmas next year. Hoping to fly by Aeroflot.

Here's the situation.

My husband and I are planning on carrying our youngest two on our laps (dts will be 1). My DF would be sat with 2 of the dc, and the other two next to us.

Should we book either aisle or window seats, or should we go with what seats they give us and what things should we take to entertain them?

Only ever flown with oldest dc when he was a baby with DH and that was only from Germany. So, I'm way out of my depth and would like some advice so I can jot things down to work out at a later date.

Thanks in advance.

mummymeister Tue 14-May-13 20:30:46

get more seats. if it is a long haul flight having 2DC's on laps is not ever going to be fun for you. definitely try and pick seats if poss. ring the airline and tell them that you have 6 kids and ask for this to be taken into account. really would get at least one if not two seats as being on your lap and having to deal with other LO's bears no comparison to being 2 adults with 1DC.

Yes I agree def get them seats as even babies get uncomfotable sitting on your lap for that amount of time it could be a nightmare!

BabyRuSh Wed 15-May-13 08:44:14

Do they have bassinets? The infants may be able to go into those. Some airlines also have a strange policy (ba) about how many infants can sit on a row. I think ts about the oxygen masks. (Dh and I weren't able to sit on the same row when we flew with our 2 infants). That would mess up your setting arrangement! Best check with airline about that. How old are the others?

NotSoNervous Wed 15-May-13 08:47:04

The extra seats are a good idea and also try and get extra leg room so there's space for the children to sit on the floor and play if they wanted, it will also give you space to put things to hand for them.

Do you have an iPod or iPhone for the older children to use? You could download loads of apps and things tats sure to keep them entertained.

Good luck

MultipleMama Germany Wed 15-May-13 12:34:46

I've looked on their site and bassinets are only available for baby's that weigh under 8kg.

I'll definitely look into buying extra seat. Would it be worth getting 2 more CARES if I the extra seats?

Other two will be 6 and 3 when we travel. They love to colour so I plan on buying crayons etc but not sure about the younger ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now