Need ideas for flight entertainment

(11 Posts)
flier Sun 19-May-13 13:19:47

Thanks for replies. We're flying with Thomas Cook to Sanford. I don't think the IFE looks that extensive for children, hence the reason why I want to download to my ipad

notfarmingatthemo Sun 19-May-13 07:52:39

We flew with Singapour on a a380

notfarmingatthemo Sun 19-May-13 07:51:50

My girls are 7 and 11 and we have recently done our first ever long haul flight. I took colouring books, card games, magazines and they also had Ipod. They watched a film on each flight and went to sleep. They may have also watched tv and looked at where we were. The colouring ect got used in the airport.
The flight was easy its the waiting in the airport that is the worst bit.

theoriginalandbestrookie Sat 18-May-13 23:16:00

Who are you flying with?

We flew to US with United and Dh had recorded loads of stuff on the i-pad. Hardly used it at all in the end as they had games - endless games of tic tac toe with me on screen and he watched Wreck it Ralph which was only out a few weeks earlier in the cinema.

kelly14 Sat 18-May-13 23:09:31

who do you fly with 'flier'??

Have to say find the opposite?
Been flying multiple times a year for last 8 years with my dd since birth (only fly long haul though) but tv is excellent, 50 plus childrens tv channels, everything from engligh, and us top programes, loads of episodes of each, every single Disney film and all new cinema releases all on watch as you want which I am pretty sure most airlines are now!

flier Fri 17-May-13 14:57:35

In flight entertainment isn't great for younger dcs

Won't they have aeroplane entertainment system? How about a book set in destination?

flier Thu 16-May-13 22:25:09

Bump

flier Mon 13-May-13 22:17:30

Thanks, funnily enough that was on tv tonight and I thought it might be good to get the early ones downloaded. Still keen to hear of any other series (maybe ones on sky or other satellite channels we don't get)

AWEarlRivers Mon 13-May-13 21:03:57

Tracy Beaker

flier Mon 13-May-13 11:25:53

Looking for ideas for series or movies to download for dd (age 7) for an 8 hour flight, ds (nearly 10) too...... help! Looking for maybe american series or series not on CBBC here that they'd enjoy but hadn't seen before (we don't have sky or anything)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now