where would you go on your own...

(9 Posts)
sofi0308 Fri 10-May-13 07:31:29

fantasising about leaving the family behind and having some winter sun maybe next feb or march. need something to look forward to!
really just want to read my book and drink wine. dont need to be diving or exploring. where would you go on your own?

PoppadomPreach Fri 10-May-13 07:43:37

Laos. Luang Prabang. I wen there by myself and it was amazing. Totally laid back, fab food (very similar to Thai) and amazing scenery. I would 100% recommend it - especially as a solo female traveller.

Selks Fri 10-May-13 07:48:42

Ooh Laos is on my list! Sounds fab.

But if I just wanted to lie there, read and not explore then I would go to one of the big hotels in Sri Lanka (but I'd still get out and explore on one or two days....) smile

PoppadomPreach Fri 10-May-13 14:28:07

Oh no.... You can totally do the lie down and read thing in Laos. I took an eight our trip up the Nam Ou and went to possibly the most relaxing place on earth - just read all day!

It is a wonderful amazing place - it's the perfect place to relax (and there is an incredible hotel if your budget sketches to USD200 a night!)

sofi0308 Fri 10-May-13 23:51:52

not a huge fan of sri lanka, and done thailand last 2 years so anxious that Laos might be too similar but more expensive/difficult to get to. how about singapore/bali/sydney?

sashh Sun 12-May-13 10:29:33

I don't do lying around, but I do do the drinking wine, try Uruguay. Salto has thermal pools just south of the city.

There are hotels with their own pools but a large sort of waterpark, not the kind with slides, more to help with health. I think it cost about £1 for a day pass and is the only place I have ever spent hours lying around, well lying in warm water.

MtSuvieUS Sun 12-May-13 10:38:20

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

sofi0308 Thu 16-May-13 09:27:21

looking like Singapore Sydney Melbourne Hongkong, does sound very relaxing but might just have to be done. can always sleep read and drink wine on the plane i suppose!

sofi0308 Thu 16-May-13 09:42:15

doesnt Doesnt.. sound very relaxing at all meant to say. as for flights/dates/times/prices, maybe i should just lock myself in my bedroom for a week (with book, wine, crisps)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now