Tips to entertain 2.5 DS on flight to NY?

(3 Posts)
sidebysides Thu 25-Apr-13 20:00:01

Just thinking of how best to entertain DS on the flight. He's pretty active! We don't have an Ipad, just an iphone, but we'll buy some kids headphones so he can enjoy the TV.

Any top tips that we might not think of?

Thanks

4forkssake Thu 25-Apr-13 20:34:04

Make sure you check the headphones are compatible with the airline system.

Take plenty of stuff to occupy him. A few new toys (get some stuff from poundland that won't be missed if they get lost). Stickers are good, books, colouring in stuff, aqua doodle. Can you borrow a portable DVD player?

Plenty snacks in case he doesn't like the plane food (which is inevitable!).

taurusmum85 Sun 28-Apr-13 21:23:13

HI im new on this site. I traveled with my 2.5 yo to oz on my own and it went very smoothly much to the surprise of other passengers and cabin crew. First bit of advice is try to book the bulk head seats as theres more room to move and you can keep your bags on the floor so there easy to get to. I also took his pillow which made getting him comfortable and asleep so much easier. I packed lots of stickers which ended up all over me and crayons also puzzles and his favourite Thomas magazine. I wrapped up cheap toys pass the parcel style with a chocolate coin in the layers which took him ages to open. I booked the flights so they took off towards bed time too which ment that as the plane took off it had a car journey effect and he fell fast asleep. Also have a rucksack for carry on as you will end up carrying your little one and their luggage too. Hope this helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now