Instead of Florida

(6 Posts)
livvyliv Thu 25-Apr-13 13:24:15

We're planning a 2 week holiday next may for my 11y dd and 8ds.they want to go back to Florida (already been twice)but I would like to try somewhere different.
Ideally it would include a theme park,beaches,decent shops and food.
We love USA so happy to go back there but would like to try somewhere different.
We've done the LA to SF road trip when the eldest was a toddler(not keen on LA)but haven't been to San Diego or beaches (palm springs,Miami )
Any suggestions?

mummymeister Thu 25-Apr-13 14:52:39

Florida keys was perfect for us with 3 dc's aged 10 - 14. Loads to do on the water, trips out to Miami, the everglades and busch gardens. temp never gets above 100. our 3 want to go back there rather than the theme parks which says a lot. if you are outdoors types theres cycling boat hire, snorkelling at john pennekamp park, canoe trips, and masses to do.

Groovee Sun 28-Apr-13 09:56:02

My daughter's godparents have a flat in Sarasota. There is so much to do there. They go for 3 weeks, fly into Tampa, then usually head to Palm Springs and fly home via Miami.

BreakfastCricket Sun 28-Apr-13 18:19:20

Take a look at South Carolina and its brilliant beaches. Also try to include Charleston and Savannah. We went when we only had a two year old.. now 16.. but worth checking out nevertheless. Not sure of its theme park status though.

Groovee Mon 29-Apr-13 10:41:40

I'd like to go to Myrtle Beach sometime. Inlaws are currently in Hilton Head.

Tampa is nice and could cover your wishes ie. theme parks, beaches, decent shops and food.

Palm Springs is in CA, think you actually meant Palm Beach which is very posh and on the eastern seaboard near Miami.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now